Always wanting more

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

:eek: I bought my first sidearm (pre ban Glock 17) for protecting myself from Road Ragers, Carjackers & other predators...then it became evident that it would become a good investment (crime law 1994) so I put it in the safe and bought a 7 shot Smith .357 revolver because it was unusual & kinda cool...Then I found a used Smith 65 for a great price...I sold my house in the city and built one in the country...House in the country ain't complete without a shotgun...then I needed protection from water moccassins when fishing so I bought one of those little .22 revolvers....I guess what I have a hard time understanding is why I need so many different firearms ? :p :fuss: :rolleyes: :nod:

2. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Now I want an AR-15 for the target range...a snubby .38 for protection from snakes & aggressive dogs...a Kimber Classic Stainless to customize

3. Rock

Rock Guest

Welcome to the world of firearm ownership!

4. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Its a sickness but I'm here to help you. PM me for an address to send your guns to me so ya can get better. Cold turkey is the only way! :p

5. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Uhm...no thanks Joe...I'll just make do...what about y'all...y'all want more or are you happy with whatcha got ?

6. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

You sound like me! My wife just rolls her eyes at my addiction. Says it would be cheaper if I was an alcoholic!

7. David N

David N Guest

There are never enough or too many! Each firearm is distinctive and has its own appeal. Not unlike women. Fortunately, they don't mind how many other firearms you have. Unlike women.

8. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

My wife calls it an addiction too...rolls her eyes and everything...

9. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I always want more 24/7...doesn't matter if I need them, I just want them! Need to get into gear with my C&R license. I might not renew it, so I better buy what I want quickly, only got a year and 1 month left on it!

10. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Go Joe !..It's your birthday !

11. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Dear Santa

:p I've always wanted an AR-7, Luger & Broomhandle Mauser too :nod: :target:

12. Doglips

Doglips Guest

I always wanted a 458 Win Magnum....in case Elaphents invade FL...think I read too many Elmer Keith articals as a kid.

13. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

At one time I felt I was incomplete without a pistol gripped high capacity full powered semi-automatic rifle, and that after getting one, I'd have everything I want and need. Then I got one and discovered that there is no perfect gun, rather that every gun has its advantages. So I didn't stop there, but have run out of resources to get more, so it'll be a while. I also learned that it's better to focus on having a few good guns and being proficient with them than trying to increase your capabilities by buying different guns. It costs less and is much easier than having tons of guns and different ammo for each.
    Nothing against collecting, but I think we spread our financial and intellectual resources too thin by buying too many guns. That said, I'll probably be buying guns until I die, just not as fast or as compulsively as when I started. At this moment, I see fewer gun purchases ahead than behind.

14. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I rationalize that there are no perfect guns when I buy one...I was just wondering why we feel like we need more than say oh I don't know...3 ?

15. NEVER ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DANA