am i crazy blind or what?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by whirlwind, Sep 7, 2010.

1. whirlwind

whirlwind G&G Enthusiast

my memory may be failing me,but i remember seeing presidential speeches from the oval office from years past,and behind the president was the american flag and a light blue presidential flag. now when i saw obamas last prime time speech i swear the flag bearing the presidential seal was black...did anyone else see that? is my memory gone or did they change it and if so when?

2. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Even though, I cant stand him.
    I don't think he has the stones to do that.

3. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

I didn't see it so I can't say. Maybe it was his Black Panthers flag.

4. larmus

larmus G&G Enthusiast

omgrotflmao!!!!

5. Dutch

Dutch G&G Evangelist

CO
    Executive order 10860 states that the background is to be dark blue and conform to military standards. Probably just a lighting issue.

Executive Order 10860 - Wikisource

6. Grumpus

Grumpus Curmudgeon Emeritus NRA Life Member

We're just lucky it's not Commie Red or Islamic Green...

7. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

executive orders can be contermanded. so it is possible that it can be changed.

8. Ninja Piper

Ninja Piper G&G Evangelist

He's planning on saving those for later.

9. whirlwind

whirlwind G&G Enthusiast

i didnt mean to imply anything about race, it just looked black ...ive always seen it as blue. id look on youtube but my dial up connection cant handle it.

10. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    It's just the way it was lit, no worries. It would be time to worry if the scumbag replaced the Presidential flag with the Obamist campaign flag.

But on a related issue: You probably know that the Obamination decided to redecorate the Oval Office to make it look like a second-rate hotel conference room. One of the things the turkey did was to have quotes from his heroes JFK, FDR, Abe Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt and Martin Luther King woven into the rug.

Just one problem, The quote the Empty Suit from Illinois attributed to Martin Luther King - "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice" - wasn't original with King at all. It was written by a pre-Civil War abolitionist, Theodore Parker of Boston.

Parker also wrote a speech that included a phrase Abe Lincoln liked enough to underline in his copy of a book of Parker's speeches and sermons given to him by William Herndon. You might recall the ending of the Gettysburg Address, "... that government of the people , by the people, and for the people shall not perish from the earth." Parker said something similar in what is known as "the Music Hall Speech" on July 4, 1858, two years before his death: "Democracy is direct self-government over all the people, by all the people, for all the people." Honest Abe remembered Parker's phrase and tuned it up some; and it's Lincoln's version of it that everybody knows.

Martin Luther King always attributed the "moral universe" quote to Parker, as is proper and correct. I guess Barack must have missed that memo. Oops. :footinmouth:

Pardon me while I laugh at the Doofus-in-Chief's stupidity. :haha::loser:

11. whirlwind

whirlwind G&G Enthusiast

that is surprising...i figured hed have the constitution woven into the rug to make him feel good in his off hours,god knows he loves walking on the real one during working hours.

12. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

i have never sat through an entire speech.

13. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

Me either. No matter who it is I just get upset. With him even more so....arrogance.