Amazing video and one lucky man!!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Paper, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Paper

Paper I can justify anything. Forum Contributor

I don't know if this has been posted, but it was sent to me today and it's the first time I've seen it...

And yeah, it's safe for work, no blood or guts, but oh, so close...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCjrx9LLr68]YouTube - militar-suertudo-elRellano.wmv[/ame]

2. if i was part of a group that performed ridiculously reckless drills like that, i wouldn't consider myself lucky. live rounds in a drill? i'm not much for internet abbreviations, but WTF?

3. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

Intresting.The first thing I thought at the beginning was "how the he** are they doing that manuver (which I never saw done in my life) without the second line blowing the front lines brains out.By that,I believe it must happen.Thanks for the video.

4. Paper

Paper I can justify anything. Forum Contributor

Well, we don't actually know that.. Blanks would have pretty much the same effect, wouldn't they??

I have a bunch of 7.62x54R blanks, and we will launch beer cans back and forth as we slide them down the bayonette of a M44 rifle, and touch off the blank, into the air. They'll fly 30' or so..

I hadn't thought of the blank direction until you mentioned it, but at that range, it'd knock a hat off.. And fill the pants of the guy with the hat.. :)

5. i enlarged the video and looked for bfa's... none to be found. if they are firing blanks, these have to be dedicated blank rifles. it's possible, but still foolhardy.

6. Blanks or not, I bet somebody got a good butt chewing, if not kicking, later that day.....

7. probably the victim of the incident... for being uncovered in formation.

8. I bet he had the urge to fill his pants in that split second.

9. dills

dills G&G Regular

have to admit this is one well trained soldier..as far as live rouinds that crazy no way no how i believe this is a funeral type ceremony

10. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Hats off (literally) to the soldier in front who was disciplined to not turn around and butt stroke the guy who almost killed him from behind.

11. CliSwe

CliSwe G&G Newbie

Looks pretty scary, but:
    1. These are Finnish troops - probably a composite unit of infantry and Jaegers. (The berets are different shades of green.) The occasion appears to be a military funeral: boots are spit-polished, and the Regimental Colour is present. (Which renders the ND doubly embarrassing.)
    2. The rifles are Valmet Rk.62's or Rk.76's - Finland's domestic version of the AK-47, in 7.62 x 39mm or 5.56mm NATO.
    3. They are using blanks - note how, after the ND occurs, they re-cock by hand. (Don't worry, a blank round at that range will still give you a nasty burn - but nothing lethal.)