Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the best amber-dot sight for a yugo underfolder ??
price doesnt matter just lookin for best possible product ty :p

·
Registered
879 Posts
Red dot?

I think the best red dot optic available for AKs it the Micro series
from Aimpoint mounted low on an UltiMAK gas tube optic rail :burnout:

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
You gotta love that Ultimak!
Actually, I don't. I can't trust any rail to hold a zero that is attached to the gas tube. At least with my gas tube, it's just not attached to my AK in a way that I would be confident in any optic staying true on it.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Actually, I don't. I can't trust any rail to hold a zero that is attached to the gas tube.
At least with my gas tube, it's just not attached to my AK in a way that I would be confident in any optic staying true on it.
Yeah, but because the AK doesn't shoot MOA to begin with and you can adjust
and tighten both the optic and mount rather quickly - it's a not a concern for me.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Ah, okay, wasn't aware it was any more sturdy than any other gas tube. Those barrel bands would certainly help it hold a zero.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hello! Ive been checking out various scope mounts myself. The Ultimak seems like its well made and what not, but doesnt it extend the eye relief so far as to require a pistol type set up? I bought an integral rail on the dust cover actually made by Norinco. Not the peep thru design that sits an inch above the cover but it sits below the RSB and doesnt move at all, very secure. I also only paid $12 with shipping which is alot cheaper than the Ultimak system. Along with the low scope rail Im going to install Gamo high rise see thru scope rings

·
Registered
879 Posts
The UltiMAK is made for forward mounted optics that offer unlimited eye relief.
The Micro is made for rifles, carbines, shotguns, submachineguns and even handguns.

·
Registered
953 Posts
make sure the ultimac will fit on the YUGO M70 FIRST!!!!! Yugo underfolds parts are different sizes than traditional AK's the parts dont interchange. The Yugo has a longer receiver and a longer gas tube. If you dont beleive me put them side by side with a traditional or is hould say mil spec Ak. The legnths are not different by alot but it is enough to cause one big head ache.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
make sure the ultimac will fit on the YUGO M70 FIRST!!!!! Yugo underfolds parts are different sizes than traditional AK's the parts dont interchange. The Yugo has a longer receiver and a longer gas tube. If you dont beleive me put them side by side with a traditional or is hould say mil spec Ak. The legnths are not different by alot but it is enough to cause one big head ache.

So does anyone know for sure if the ultimac fits ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts