close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ambidextrous safety for Hi-Power

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Jeffro, Mar 27, 2002.

1. Jeffro

Jeffro G&G Newbie

Anybody have opinions as to which ambidextrous safety is the best for a 9mm Browning Hi-Power. I have an older Belgian with an aftermarket ambidextrous safety which I don't care for. It has the 1911-type "tang" which is retained by the inletted right side grip. The safety just doesn't "feel good". Any suggestions (how about from Don Williams if you're readin' this!!!!).
    Thanks for any insight............. Jeffro (Jeff)

2. Hi Jeff, I've seen the type you have, and don't know who makes it. The only other ambi's I'm aware of are the C&S unit and the MK III safety as currently used on Brownings. The C&S unit uses a pin like the factory safety, but is rather angular and awkward for me, and needs to be de-horned. Most of my customers opt for the factory ambi, and occasionally some want a wider shelf, so I will add on an extension for those folks, and it can be done on one or both sides. Hope this helps.

3. Jeffro

Jeffro G&G Newbie

Don,
    Thanks for the info. I will give you a call soon and discuss sending my Hi-Power for that (with a "shelf" on the right side of the safety only), as well as to discuss that L-O-O-O-N-G trigger pull which is so typical of the Hi-Power.
    Hope all is well. Sure do enjoy "seeing" you on the Forum.

Jeff