Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an AK-47 made by B-West in Tuscon, AZ and was wondering if anyone knows about them. It is a side folder that had orange bakelite stock, I painted the stock black. I have shot about 1500 rnds with it and have never had a problem. I even found a 75 rnd drum mag. a few yrs. ago for $50. I gave $200 for the gun about 6 yrs ago, but I can't find anyone that knows what it's worth. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lee

Attachments

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
B-west was an Importer so more than likely the gun was made somewhere else...China Normally...
B-west did make some of their own receivers and assembled them , but they were Junk and not properly heat treated...They are to be avoided...
Any other markings on it or Symbols ???
Rich

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the welcome ArkansaHunter.

And mooseman my ak also has BWA 1266 on the reciever and 1266 on the bolt and on the gas tube.

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
Yes, might I also welcome you to G&G. And nice looking AK by the way.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the offer, but I don't plan on selling it. I just wanted to know more about it and get an idea of the value.

Lee

·
Registered
198 Posts
FYI. The receivers made by B-West are not great. They didn't heat treat the rails or the pin holes. After X amount of rounds (sometimes 200 or more) the metal, not being heat treated properly or at all in this case can fail & will cause stoppages. I haven't heard of any injuries but Folks much more "in the know" than I have said to try & avoid them if possble.
If the importer mark is B-west than no problem. The receivers were made in China & are great guns.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Welcome to G&G. We have a great bunch of folks here. Enjoy!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts