close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ammo concerns?? questions......

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BAT21, Apr 7, 2002.

1. I would like to fire CB, BB and shorts through a 77/22 bolt action. Will this harm the chamber? If so, are there any other rifles/pistols you can do this with? I want to save some money here!:D Thanks!!

2. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    BAT21, Are you a FAC fan?
    It shouldn't hurt to fire the shorts. Some Mfg's reccomend against it. Check your Ruger manual. As a side note Iv'e seen this ammo just about as spendy as LR's if not more in some cases.

3. GaryG

GaryG G&G Newbie

I've put thousands of Federal CB's through my 2 bolt-action Winchesters with no problems at all. Accuracy isn't top-notch but is good enough for most purposes. The CB round is quiet. Less noise than an air rifle. Great for shooting anyplace noise is a problem.
    I can't see that a quality rifle like the Ruger would have any trouble with these low-pressure rounds. Clean the chamber after each session and you'll be fine. Only problem you may have is getting the round to feed off the magazine. Good luck.

4. Re: ammo question

Will the ammo you want to shoot cycle the action of the 10/22 without a jam??

5. I just picked up the 100 CCI CB caps and I was surprised how much they cost. I'm going to try them in my 10/22 first just for the heck of it and see how quiet they are. I assume I should be able to fire this in a variety of guns such as the smith 22 kit gun. I'd like to fire some of this ammo so I don't annoy the neighbors. I don't have the kit gun but I think it could be a neat plinking tool, and I wouldn't have to worry about the action cycling or hearing protection for that matter! I am also looking into getting an M6 scout which I want to put a scope on - the FAC catalog looks good and I am going to try to get some accesories though them. Maybe a 5 power scope... I will post when I have some interesting results:target:

6. Rock

Rock G&G Newbie

Brownells has a mag for the 10/22 that will feed the cb caps you will still need to cycle the action its better than doing it by hand.

7. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Bat 21,
    Never heard of the FAC catalog, where do you get one? It's been a long time since i was in a FAC unit, perhaps it wasn't around then.