Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the best rounds i can fire from my gun ive tried wolf, remington and pmi. i just got a box of chin ammo on the house from my gun shop havent tried it yet

just woundering
:uzi: :hmmm:

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,605 Posts
every gun is different keep trying different ammo untill your gun finds what it likes. That is the fairest answer. It's fun trying different stuff too

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
if you are out just plinking, use wolf for your sks, just make sure to clean(as you will have to with all other ammo). if you are competing or something where all your shots count, remington and the higher quality ammo would be the way to go

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
If you want the best, you can buy a box of Winchester hunting ammo, 20 rounds for 20. On the other hand, you can buy a box of Wolf for 3.50 for 20 rounds. If you are not a sniper or a hunter, Wolf should do the trick. I should be a spokesperson for Wolf

·
Registered
127 Posts
3.50 for 20 rounds? Dang I pay 4.99 anywhere I go down here in Florida! And like everyone else said, It depends on the kind of shooting you are doin!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Keep an eye on Ammoman.com When he has the Wolf he sells it dirt cheap and does not charge shipping. He has good American ammo in stock for really cheap too.

·
Registered
111 Posts
jerry said:
every gun is different keep trying different ammo untill your gun finds what it likes. That is the fairest answer. It's fun trying different stuff too
This is a statement I completely agree with, every firearm has “finger printâ€￾ quality about it, although you and I may have exactly matching guns, they can clearly enjoy totally different ammo. You simply must find its ammo of choice for the best possible groupings. After that if you’re just plinking shoot what’s cheap, but if you plan on any higher levels of accuracy you will know what to use.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I get Wolf for around $2 a box. I think he was up to $2.25 for a while. but usually it's $2. I've got a box of Remington for hunting but more often than not if I'm out and see a "target of opertunity" I'm shooting Wolf and it hasn't failed me yet. Their hollow points do just fine on a skinny ol coyote.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i dont care for the wolf myself...sure its relatively cheap but i just cant print well with it...i ran across some "Romanian??" surplus that came in a green battlepack....now that stuff doesnt sound hollow when it goes off...and it prints right on...and i think i got a steal on it too hard to beat 20 bucks for 140 rounds

·
Registered
630 Posts
where?

hey, where can a missourian like myself get some 7.63x39 ammo for my sks. all the gun stores i'm around are all out of the ammo. If your wondering what "mm" stands for it's multiple mausers?

·
Registered
155 Posts
50 and 100 yrds with the same results

im pretty sure the guy told me it was romanian but here in iowa sometimes people really dont know what they are talking about...and i can see why since you cant hunt with rifles here unless its for coyote...shotguns shotguns...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts