Ammo for Squad Scout

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Armed Crusader, May 12, 2008.

1. Armed Crusader

Armed Crusader Guest

Hey all,
    I am new to the M1A. I just picked a Mossy Camo squad scout. one up and was wondering about the ammo type. I have heard and seen web stories about problems with different types and have heard they say only us US MIL spec ammo. Any suggestions for plinking ammo (super cheap) and any for good long range shooting. Also I was wondering if 1480 was a good price for a new one. I looked around and could not find a better price with shipping and tax included. I guess while I am at it, how about where to find (and how to look for ) good mags 20 -30 rounders and if there any feeding issues with larger mags? Thanks and sorry for the newbie questions.

2. rfc357

rfc357 Guest

If you find any "super cheap" ammo, you will soon have about a million friends!

Nato-spec 7.62x51 if you can find any. Look for the circle-cross. Federal match ammo for gas guns is great, but expensive. Reload for 35 cents a pop, just use data for gas guns and not for .308 bolt guns.

Sportsmans Guide sometimes has Taiwan mags, not bad price, and the ones I got are really nice. Dillon had some new mags for a while, but they seem to have disappeared.

I have been shooting M14s and M1As since '66. My AR turns in better scores, but my M1A is still my favorite. Have fun.

3. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer G&G Enthusiast

USA
    Congratulations!!

44MAG.com has brand new 20 and 25 round USGI/CMI mags on sale :burnout: