close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ammo for the M-1

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by ltcboy, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Just curios to see if any of you guys have used that Talon 30.06 ammo. I hear that it is mil-spec that has been reassembled. Hopefully this wont cause any problems. And its pretty inexspensive to buy also.

2. i just went through a box of 20 i bought to try the stuff out, it functioned flawlessly, even with my weak extractor claw spring.
    -Jesse

3. Armorer

Armorer Guest

20? I have 100s! at $65 for 250, I don't even pick up the brass.

147 FMJ Mil Spec

I have never had ONE bad one yet.

4. I used 2-3 boxes the other day - had two misfires right in a row - the primer got punched correctly - just no "boom"! The rest were fine.

5. Gus L.

Gus L. G&G Newbie

I have used about a thousand rounds of Talon, I shake each round to see if it has powder, and look to see that the primer has been seated correctly.
    I have had several with NO powder, and a few with primers about half way out.
    Its very good for the money. Just take a close look at it.

6. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    also have shot about 900-1000 rnds of talon, good stuff. fairly accurate.

7. How much shipping do you pay for those 250 rds? Is it from Classic Arms?

TIA

8. I got it from my local shop, i paid $6.00 for the box of 20, i plan on getting a case or so, as soon as my pay check comes.
    -Jesse

9. Oldnugly

Oldnugly G&G Newbie

I've used the Talon ammo too. Was accurate enough (1.3") @100 yds. But in 50 rounds I had 6-7 with the primer blown completely out. No misfires and none with no powder. Anybody else with primer problems? Maybe I got a bad lot??

10. shockwalter

shockwalter G&G Newbie

Watch out with the tracer rounds that Talon has in 30-06. Out of a box of 20, 3 ignited. Supposedly they use pulled M25 projectiles but every original GI M25 I've fired always ignite.

11. WyrTwister

WyrTwister G&G Newbie

If you should decide to start picking up the brass , I would like to have it , please . :)

Wyr
    God Bless

12. Armorer

Armorer Guest

Another 87 rounds down range.

The only problem I had was after about 70 rounds I had to tap the charging handle forward to get the first round in the chamber.

I figure it was because everything is new and tight and dirty.

I'm thinking of using Federal Premium BTSP 150gr to tighten up me groupings.

How many of you think this rounds are to HOT for the Garand?