close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ammo levels????

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Jul 23, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Sitting at work...doing nothing but thiinking....and figureign out how much ammo I should keep on hand...so what is the consensos? Is it per firearms, or primary / seconday weapons?

I figure about 1000 rds per primary weapon of each household member...and 500 for sidearms. Not sure what to do about the mosins and stuff?:confused:

2. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    My thought process has always been get and keep as much as you can afford. Reloading helps alot. I usually buy in bulk, 1,000 rounds at a time. But the more I have, the more I shoot. The key, I reckon, is to set some aside and don't touch it! I just haven't got that part mastered. Good Shooting!

3. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Don't keep it all in one place either.

4. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I have over 20,000 rounds of various nature with about 3,000 of that #00 buck that I bought in case y2k went in the crapper.

5. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    3,000 of #OO buck? Dang Joe that had to set you back a pretty penny. Sheww!

6. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Where did you find a bandoleer to carry 3,000 rds? And,how BIG are you?

7. BenP

BenP G&G Newbie

I keep about 300 rounds of ammo on hand. If I were to need more in a hurry, I can get it without much trouble. I have access to about 30,000 rounds of various type for what I'd need, so I'm not real worried. 300 rounds is about all I can carry effectively anyways. That won't cover all my firearms, just the most essential ones.

If that don't get the job done, any more ain't gonna be much help.

8. NRAJOE

Got a heck of a deal on it, now I don't know what to do with it all. Should start practicing for armageddon so my shoulder won't be sore huh? I think i'll sell 1,500 of the rounds and keep the rest.

9. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    can never have enough. if i can count it, i need more.

10. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

The best argument for having a few .22s around is the ammo logistics

11. NRAJOE

Got 5,000 .22 rounds. Can never have enough around.

12. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

I keep about 25K rounds myself I have a min. of 1000 per caliber and usually if I get down to about 20K I go ahead and load up about 10K and keep the rotation going.

13. **** i sure am lagging big time!!!
    i always have tons of 8mm but i usually only have enough 7.62 to fill all my AK mags, and forget about 30'06 or 7.62x54r i've been bad i need more ammo!!!!
    -Jesse

14. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

Jesse if you can get back to AZ I heard JG sales is having a sidewalk sale at their facility in Prescott

15. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Dudes compared to you all I need to apply for goverment assistance ... can I get Ammo Stamps instead of food stamps?...Welfare and claim my toys as children...gots to feed my children....Im siting around thinking 1k for main rifles, 500 for pistols and a few boxes for the mosins and stuff like that......Im gona have to apply for that "home land security" grant now...:

16. Jumpin Jeeehosiphat

(The title was my best Walter Brennan)

Man am I behind!!!

I have 50 rds for the 20 guage and about 200 for the handgun!!! I think I will be the first one overrun.........right after the un armed folks that is.......tee heee!!

A homeland security grant huh???:nod: :nod: :nod:

:target:

17. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Always save one bullet for yourself.

18. Or maybe two if you are a bad shot.

19. NRAJOE

Or if you got a hard head like some of us on here!