Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
yeah, ive noticed more supply and better prices, not anywhere close to what it used to be, but i feel like, at least in my area, its getting better.

I have also noticed that online retailers ammo prices are coming down, but it appears the shipping charges are higher than they used to be.

Im actually hoping to go to bass pro near me tomorrow and see what i can find for .223/5.56.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Our Walmart had crap loads of Federal 22 LR and a few CCI last night. They were limiting purchase to 2 boxes per person and it was still pretty high. $19/ box of 325. I can remember paying that for a box of 550 back in the day, BB. (Before BiDumb)

·
Registered
20,603 Posts
It keeps coming down through our suppliers, but it is unfortunately all gone within seconds of us receiving notification. That said, the prices were higher at this last weekend's gun show than they were the one we went to three months ago, and those prices were higher than the previous one. People were selling boxes of Winchester 9mm FMJ from the '80s for $40 a box, and it looked like people were paying it. The guy next to me had some Barnaul .45ACP steel-cased FMJ and sold it for $1 a round.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,709 Posts
Our Walmart had crap loads of Federal 22 LR and a few CCI last night. They were limiting purchase to 2 boxes per person and it was still pretty high. $19/ box of 325. I can remember paying that for a box of 550 back in the day, BB. (Before BiDumb)
And $9/550 just before obozo. Not so very long ago really.

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
Are you actually interested in our thoughts about ammo prices, or just trying to direct us to the website your posted?

I'll apologize in advance if your motives are indeed genuine, but this seems to be a common occurrence with people signing up and immediately posting a link to some website - often under false pretenses.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Ammo prices don't mean all that much. The best ammo is homemade, not commercial. Commercial ammo is a lower level compromise when you can't roll your own. And we can't make our own ammo thanks to manufacturers that are starving us of primers. Until we see a full supply of primers on store shelves we will not have returned to "normal." Until then the manufacturers can pissoff.

·
Registered
20,603 Posts
Are you actually interested in our thoughts about ammo prices, or just trying to direct us to the website your posted?

I'll apologize in advance if your motives are indeed genuine, but this seems to be a common occurence with people signing up and immediately posting a link to some website - often under false pretenses.
Good catch.

·
Registered
20,603 Posts
Ammo prices don't mean all that much. The best ammo is homemade, not commercial. Commercial ammo is a lower level compromise when you can't roll your own. And we can't make our own ammo thanks to manufacturers that are starving us of primers. Until we see a full supply of primers on store shelves we will not have returned to "normal." Until then the manufacturers can pissoff.
Yeah, I wish they'd hurry up and get all the reloaders up and running on primers so that they could move on to #11 and #10 percussion caps. The general concensus there seems to be that we won't see any until late 2022.

Our business is 70% black powder oriented and the lack of supplies this year are killing us.

·
Premium Member
10,390 Posts

I'll apologize in advance if your motives are indeed genuine, but this seems to be a common occurence with people signing up and immediately posting a link to some website - often under false pretenses.
Agreed.

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
One of the hardest popular rounds to find was 9mm. A few months ago it was very little and spotty. Then it was like $60 a box of 50. Now I get emails every day from places Like, Aim, classic, Aero precision, Natchez, Freedom Munitions, SG Ammo and others with loads of ammo. These places are actually having a contest it seems to who can sell the lowest per 1000 rounds. Plenty of 7.62x39 and 223 and 5.56. I get emails with 9mm for sale each day for like $19 a box of 50 and brass cased FMJ. Also I see quite a bit of the PPU metric calibers for milsurp rifles and pistols for around $15 to $17 a box of 20. Its looking better.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I have been seeing 9mm Blazer and one other brand at Academy for $20 limit 3 boxes I think.

That website is just a search engine, like ammoseek. They tell you where it is at then you hit the link, or just contact them directly

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
I have been seeing 9mm Blazer and one other brand at Academy for $20 limit 3 boxes I think.

That website is just a search engine, like ammoseek. They tell you where it is at then you hit the link, or just contact them directly
Its likely "affiliate marketing" where the owner of the site advertises the goods from another site/company. If you click the link and end up buying something they get a piece of the sale.

·
Wonderment :)
34,324 Posts
Mindy up North: Ma’am; I’ve watched “her” most of this day 🧐. Giving “her” the benefit of my doubts 🥸

Free advertising is unacceptable. UNLESS “Philip“ okays. (CARBON)

For now! It’s floating 🧐

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
Going to the gun shop now to look for 20 gauge 7 1/2. Talk about hen’s teeth around here. Except for steel- that’s plentiful.

Got a skeet match coming up. Will be the first one ever. Kind of excited.
Jaison they have like three boxes of them at the local Walmart here. Saw them yesterday and today and no one bought them yet. They are looking for the 12 gauge I guess. Have you ever heard of Outdoor Limited Ammo? I just bought a case of 250 rounds (10 boxes ) for $109.99 a case. They have like 31 boxes in stock still. I bought it about two weeks ago from them and came Fedex in like 4 days. They are really reasonable and loaded with shotgun shells and ammo and fast service, Oh and its lead shot and Nobel brand and I think 7/8 oz. of shot. Just letting you know.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Its likely "affiliate marketing" where the owner of the site advertises the goods from another site/company. If you click the link and end up buying something they get a piece of the sale.
I think you are probably correct. Above my pay grade if it matters here. I did run some of the links with my normal suppliers and did find ammo in stock where it had not been before and yes a price drop. I ran the links to 3 of my regulars in 3 different calibers and all had several brands in stock and lower than normal prices lately. So, at least that checks out. They listed over 50 companies that had 380 ammo in stock including ammodot.com whom also advertises on here. Prices were not cheap 80-84 cents per for training ammo but they had other dealers in the 60 cent range, so the link was of value to me. FWIW

·
Premium Member
10,390 Posts
Jaison they have like three boxes of them at the local Walmart here. Saw them yesterday and today and no one bought them yet. They are looking for the 12 gauge I guess. Have you ever heard of Outdoor Limited Ammo? I just bought a case of 250 rounds (10 boxes ) for $109.99 a case. They have like 31 boxes in stock still. I bought it about two weeks ago from them and came Fedex in like 4 days. They are really reasonable and loaded with shotgun shells and ammo and fast service, Oh and its lead shot and Nobel brand and I think 7/8 oz. of shot. Just letting you know.
Thanks, brother. Will check them out tonight.

The LGS was black on 20 gauge except for slugs.

Appreciate the heads up, rando.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,634 Posts
I haven't noticed a significant reduction in prices where I live. Bricks of .22LR are still up at the highway robbery level, and the rest of the universal calibers remain at the same level as they have been since Obozo's underhanded business banning the Soviet-made firearms and Il Douchebag Cuomo passing the UnSAFE Act. Nor is there as much of it around there was back when Curious George was in the White House.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts