21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
check this out:

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,700 Posts
In keeping with any reduction in price, there must be an ncrease in availability.

·
Registered
20,592 Posts
I haven't noticed a significant reduction in prices where I live. Bricks of .22LR are still up at the highway robbery level, and the rest of the universal calibers remain at the same level as they have been since Obozo's underhanded business banning the Soviet-made firearms and Il Douchebag Cuomo passing the UnSAFE Act. Nor is there as much of it around there was back when Curious George was in the White House.
Yeah, they aren't coming down around here, either. I need to invest in a bot who will instantly order ammo from our suppliers the second it comes in, I guess, because by the time I receive notification, everything is gone.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Yeah, they aren't coming down around here, either. I need to invest in a bot who will instantly order ammo from our suppliers the second it comes in, I guess, because by the time I receive notification, everything is gone.
Personally, I wish one or more of the big 3 or even a smaller company would start an allocation program where you could establish an account and order some minimal amount on a periodic basis. There will always be scammers but they could restrict orders by name, address, IP address, a zip code or whatever to limit one guy from buying it up and extorting everyone else. During the Obama ammo crunch I was traveling by car every week, sometimes 300 miles from home, sometimes 200 the other direction. When I needed to pee, Walmart was handy and I hit a lot of stores. I do recall that 40 SW and 357 Sig we often the only thing on the shelves in small towns. I stopped at a Walmart on the Interstate in Weatherford, Oklahoma and went to the ammo counter. Some guy driving down the interstate, they said, bought all of their ammo, $1,300 as I recall. They said it showed up at a gun show later and then started to limit sales.

I think that is being done today, certain big players get supplied, everyone else gets little or none. They could do it by store, or FFL, or individual.

It is the end user that is paying for their existence by the way. My 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
9,868 Posts
I haven't noticed a significant reduction in prices where I live. Bricks of .22LR are still up at the highway robbery level, and the rest of the universal calibers remain at the same level as they have been since Obozo's underhanded business banning the Soviet-made firearms and Il Douchebag Cuomo passing the UnSAFE Act. Nor is there as much of it around there was back when Curious George was in the White House.
Its crazy how I also see bricks of 22 going for $59 and up. Just saw some on an email from a supplier a few minutes ago. But why then can I go onto CCI site and buy direct cheaper. They usually have at least two different types available per week. Then there is Walmart which I am seeing 22 regularly and not even half the price. Seems to me these ammo suppliers are giving us a screwing on 22 prices. I bought three cartons of Federal 22 in the 325 round last week for $17.50 a carton. They also had CCI in 50 rounds for like $4 a box and CCI & Federal 100 round sleeves for less than $8. Walmart has to be making money and I dont believe they are getting the 22 with a special pricing. I plain think all suppliers online are screwing the unknowing individual or people have no choice and paying because they need it. I saw the same thing going on at a gun show recently. 22 is higher than some rifle and pistol ammo there.

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
went to Cabela's today, they had a ton of ammo. lots of 5.56 and .223, though most of it was $.60 / rnd or higher, like $1 plus for SP/ HP stuff. they had a good assortment of other stuff like .308 and hunting ammo. some steel 7.62x39 was $9.99 / 20.

I didnt buy any as i just bought that Red army stuff that I linked to above for $.45/ round. the more i look around the better that deals seems.

so, while I do think that prices are coming down from the peak a few to 6 months ago, prices are still pretty high, but supply is starting to get better, or demand is petering out.. either way, im thinking and hoping the trend is in a good direction.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts