Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to get some more 7.62x 39.ive found two different brands im considering and im looking for some feed back on the different brands.the first is the golden tiger 7.62x39 124 grain fmj lacquer coated and the other is Ammo 7.62x39 Ulyanovsk FMJ 122 Grain 20 Round Box Made in Russia 2396 fps Steel Cased Polymer Coated.any one use either of these two brands.which one is cleaner/reliable/consistent?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I have used Golden Tiger and find it is better than Wolf ammo not including the 154 grain soft point wolf has... which seems to be better out of all of my SKS rifles. Anyway, how much is the GT ammo being sold for these days?

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
I have some Golden Tiger and love it. I haven't used the Ulyanovsk, but I have used the Tula stuff and it's ok. I think they're pretty much the same thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Both are excelent. I like GT because it is still sealed fore and aft. The U might be a bit cleaner.Both are non corosive. Have a fair stash of both on hand!
Right now the GT can be had for $175 to $180 plus shiping so it might be a better deal.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya the gt shipped will be around $203 and the Ulyanovsk will be around $218 shipped per thousand.its a toss that depends on the one that is cleaner/accurate/consistent

·
Registered
363 Posts
Go with the Golden Tiger. Best of all it is lower in cost than anything else except the yugo corrisive.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Both are excelent. I like GT because it is still sealed fore and aft. The U might be a bit cleaner.Both are non corosive. Have a fair stash of both on hand!
Right now the GT can be had for $175 to $180 plus shiping so it might be a better deal.

Wow that much! The last time I bought a case of GT it was $78 per 1000 & I think I still have most of it.
Just trying to keep the good stuff for that rainy day.

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
All I've ever used is Wolf but I'm about to order some Golden Tiger and see how it performs. I like the fact it's sealed top and bottom.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts