close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ammunition collection

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Jack O, Mar 30, 2002.

1. Jack O

Jack O G&G Newbie

What type of ammo is collected? Is it old, obsolete or what. Do the collections have any value? What do you look for in your ammo collection? I'm not up to speed on what yall do

2. bgl0b6

bgl0b6 G&G Newbie

I've seen different kinds of collections,some collect only commercial,some only military,some only lever gun calibers or safari or magnums or single shot or maybe antique of any kind.Some rare calibers or headstamps bring pretty good money,others dont bring much.Some even collect full boxes and or just the boxes.

3. Jack O

Jack O G&G Newbie

Thanks when i got down to it I had some Peters shot shells and a kinda old ammo

4. bgl0b6

bgl0b6 G&G Newbie

Shot gun shell collectors seem to collect more for the boxes I think,Ive never collected them.It seems they like the artwork on the old boxes.I collect Savage and Newton rifle shells and then some just old,obsolete stuff.I guess I'm more an accumulater than a collector.Take it to a gun show,get a few oppinions,seems today any old hunting related sells....

5. Jack O

Jack O G&G Newbie

Thanks to all that have replied been a big help. I have a good idea what's going on now.