Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been in a Walmart in months and months so when I drove with the wife to Walmart late last night, I decided to have a look.

They have rearranged the entire store including "sporting" goods. They actually had more guns than I expected to see. Cheap rifles and bottom rung cheap shotguns. No Henrys they use to be full of those Henry rifles.

Ammo racks were near bare. Over priced the 3 - 4 boxes of what ever it was but not the hundreds of dollars I've been reading about on the internet.

Several boxes of shotgun shells. Even quite a few AA loads at $7 -$8 a box. Right around $30 for one of those 4 pack things they pitch. I can remember buying those for $21.

A box of clays looked like about the normal cost $6-7 dollars.

That was about as long as I could stand it in there, told the wife I'd wait in the car. Even at night the freaks and idiot morons stand out to the point it seems the place is full of them. All I could do to resist bashing a couple of them just walking out.

Reactions: rando and mauser9

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
Yeah checked out the local Walmart 3 days back looking for CCI 40 grain 22 magnum. None to be had now! All 22 L.R. and 22 mag gone. Glad I scored some in August. Very little centerfire rifle and shotgun shells to be found.

·
Premium Member
10,329 Posts
I haven't been in a Walmart in months and months so when I drove with the wife to Walmart late last night, I decided to have a look.

They have rearranged the entire store including "sporting" goods. They actually had more guns than I expected to see. Cheap rifles and bottom rung cheap shotguns. No Henrys they use to be full of those Henry rifles.

Ammo racks were near bare. Over priced the 3 - 4 boxes of what ever it was but not the hundreds of dollars I've been reading about on the internet.

Several boxes of shotgun shells. Even quite a few AA loads at $7 -$8 a box. Right around $30 for one of those 4 pack things they pitch. I can remember buying those for $21.

A box of clays looked like about the normal cost $6-7 dollars.

That was about as long as I could stand it in there, told the wife I'd wait in the car. Even at night the freaks and idiot morons stand out to the point it seems the place is full of them. All I could do to resist bashing a couple of them just walking out.
My youngest son works at a Walmart. I actually took him to work this morning at 5AM. They are having these sales and opening up earlier the next month . My son is finally realizing all the idiots in the stores. He tells me stories each day about thieves, arguing with them, irate people in parking lot fighting for a parking spot and so on. Yeah its like a circus.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
My youngest son works at a Walmart. I actually took him to work this morning at 5AM. They are having these sales and opening up earlier the next month . My son is finally realizing all the idiots in the stores. He tells me stories each day about thieves, arguing with them, irate people in parking lot fighting for a parking spot and so on. Yeah its like a circus.

can he tell you when they get the good ammo shipments?

·
Premium Member
10,329 Posts
can he tell you when they get the good ammo shipments?
He does not work in Sporting goods section. I actually have stocked through the years so dont buy much from them. I usually go to another Walmart anyhow because the one he works at is under construction. Its a real mess and making it into a Super Walmart. They tore down a shopping center to add on to the Walmart. They have half the parking lot closed and chaos everyday. It is a 2 1/2 year project they say. They can build a complete store faster than that LOL

·
Registered
476 Posts
If you didn't buy it cheap and stack it deep after the first Obama inauguration, you are absolutely behind the power curve and reap the rewards for your prolonged head in sand stupidity. Same answer for not stockpiling a year's supply of food instead of buying that new car, and for not getting out of debt and putting at minimum cash for t 3 months of expenses away. No excuses. Life isn't fair. Get over it and stop whining.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
i cant find any .300 aac blackout locally, so i ordered some more online. I have found 2 sources with ammo in stock ready to ship, they are both wolf steel case, one is $22 and one is $25 per box of 20.

its crazy man, the ammo shortage, I hope it gets better, but im not feeling very positive with the way things are going. so if the price is not crazy, im trying to get what i can.

·
Registered
12,085 Posts
I don't plan on even looking for at least 2 years.

I don't buy ammo other than 22lr's [and I don't need any of those] but,,,,,
I know what components cost, and what the sum of those parts should cost even with fair markup's to both the middle man and store front owner.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Outpost 75 has a good point! Some of us have spent 10 or 15 years getting ready for this MESS. I KEEP SAYING THEY DON'T HAVE TO CONTROL THE GUNS, JUST THE AMMO! You should have learned that during OBAMA! Now is not the time for wildcat cartridges or new-fangled rifles. Rifle, shotgun or handgun, know what works and keep it beside you all the time. A leaver-action 30-30 with you, is better than a AR-15 home in the safe. There may come a day when you wish you had all that ammo you BURNED UP playing at the gun range! I hope you are safe and healthy this holiday season, Take Care

·
Registered
476 Posts
Prepare for confiscation... Are you willing PAY $200 per mag, or or resist and die to keep your AR?

President-elect Joe Biden’s incoming White House deputy chief of staff once touted "mandatory buybacks" of certain rifles. Jennifer O’Malley Dillon previously served as Biden’s campaign manager – but before that, she managed Beto O’Rourke's 2020 campaign until he withdrew from the race. The former Texas congressman declared during a Sept. 2019 primary debate: "Hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47."

A few weeks later, O’Malley Dillon appeared in a video, posted on O’Rourke’s YouTube channel, touting the campaign's plan for "mandatory" buybacks of certain firearms, in addition to a new ban on assault-style weapons. "We are actually the only campaign with a plan…that supports mandatory buybacks of weapons of war,” she says in the video. "An assault weapon ban is very, very important, and we need to have it. But that only takes weapons of war off the streets in the future. It does nothing for weapons of war that are currently out there."

She estimated the mandatory buyback would affect "15 or 16 million" guns. A spokesman for the Biden-Harris transition team did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Biden’s campaign has called for giving owners of "assault weapons or high-capacity magazines" the option to either sell their weapons to the government or register them with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives under an expansion of the National Firearms Act...

(From NSSF, “Since 1990, there are an estimated 19.8 million Modern Sporting Rifles (MSRs) in circulation today.” In case you've forgotten: Moments after former Democratic presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke – who promised in a September debate to take away legally purchased assault rifles [sic] if elected – endorsed Joe Biden’s White House run, the former vice president promised to name the Texan as his point man on gun control.“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him,” Biden said Monday [Mar. 20 ] evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re going to be the one who leads this effort.”)

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bi...mandatory-buyback-assault-weapons-gun-control

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Prepare for confiscation... Are you willing PAY $200 per mag, or or resist and die to keep your AR?

President-elect Joe Biden’s incoming White House deputy chief of staff once touted "mandatory buybacks" of certain rifles. Jennifer O’Malley Dillon previously served as Biden’s campaign manager – but before that, she managed Beto O’Rourke's 2020 campaign until he withdrew from the race. The former Texas congressman declared during a Sept. 2019 primary debate: "Hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47."

A few weeks later, O’Malley Dillon appeared in a video, posted on O’Rourke’s YouTube channel, touting the campaign's plan for "mandatory" buybacks of certain firearms, in addition to a new ban on assault-style weapons. "We are actually the only campaign with a plan…that supports mandatory buybacks of weapons of war,” she says in the video. "An assault weapon ban is very, very important, and we need to have it. But that only takes weapons of war off the streets in the future. It does nothing for weapons of war that are currently out there."

She estimated the mandatory buyback would affect "15 or 16 million" guns. A spokesman for the Biden-Harris transition team did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Biden’s campaign has called for giving owners of "assault weapons or high-capacity magazines" the option to either sell their weapons to the government or register them with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives under an expansion of the National Firearms Act...

(From NSSF, “Since 1990, there are an estimated 19.8 million Modern Sporting Rifles (MSRs) in circulation today.” In case you've forgotten: Moments after former Democratic presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke – who promised in a September debate to take away legally purchased assault rifles [sic] if elected – endorsed Joe Biden’s White House run, the former vice president promised to name the Texan as his point man on gun control.“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him,” Biden said Monday [Mar. 20 ] evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re going to be the one who leads this effort.”)

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bi...mandatory-buyback-assault-weapons-gun-control
One thing i havent heard, how much are they willing to pay for them? and how is that going to be funded.

and the answer better not be tax $.. so let me get this straight, you going to force me to pay taxes, which will increase under biden, so that you can take my $ from me, and then use that to "buy back" a firearm from me? that math doesnt work out at all.. not to mention the fact that you cant "Buy back" something you never sold in the first place!

·
Banned
933 Posts
Went to the local walmart for a grocery run this morning. While I was there I paid a visit to the sporting goods department. There were plenty of shotguns and rifles in the cases on display. Turned around to check out the ammo case. Only 4 boxes of .222 remington and 1 box of .300 winchester magnum ammo. On the shelves were various 12 gauge shotshells but the majority of them were target loads.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I went to one of the larger hunting/ sporting goods stores (Sportsman Warehouse) yesterday, and they were just about wiped clean of any handgun ammo/rifle ammo/reloading supplies. Lots of shot gun ammo, but no one was looking for that. Several people in the short time I was there was looking for 9mm and 223. (mm they had around 20 boxes of the Hornady Critical Defense rounds in 9mm. About the same for 223. Other then the odd ball hand gun rounds or the heavy hitters for hunting ammo, it was a barren wasteland.

·
Registered
476 Posts
One thing i havent heard, how much are they willing to pay for them? and how is that going to be funded.

and the answer better not be tax $.. so let me get this straight, you going to force me to pay taxes, which will increase under biden, so that you can take my $ from me, and then use that to "buy back" a firearm from me? that math doesnt work out at all.. not to mention the fact that you cant "Buy back" something you never sold in the first place!
Correct. Go to the Biden website, read it and then draw your own conclusions. Sell your M1 carbine back to the government for what you paid for it in 1964 and get paid with an EBT card or a tax credit, no cash that can be spent on guns, Text Forehead Physicist Photo caption Portrait
Movie Poster Photo caption Soldier Games
Poster
People Text Crowd History Photo caption
ammo, booze or butts. Also turn in your magazines to be crushed for scrap metal, or alternately pay for a tax stamp on each item, or become a felon to be sent to a re-education camp!

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
21,493 Posts
Outpost 75 has a good point! Some of us have spent 10 or 15 years getting ready for this MESS. I KEEP SAYING THEY DON'T HAVE TO CONTROL THE GUNS, JUST THE AMMO! You should have learned that during OBAMA! Now is not the time for wildcat cartridges or new-fangled rifles. Rifle, shotgun or handgun, know what works and keep it beside you all the time. A leaver-action 30-30 with you, is better than a AR-15 home in the safe. There may come a day when you wish you had all that ammo you BURNED UP playing at the gun range! I hope you are safe and healthy this holiday season, Take Care
I agree mostly; but those of us who spent the last decade stockpiling stuff are in a good place to keep the AR's out. EVENTUALLY, though, you'll need more supply (at least if you want to enjoy it to the level of 'before' -- although most of us also have a lifetime plus of reserves for guns if they're not shot alot). The 'eventually' might become a problem downline; then again by that downline time I'd think whatever it is that's gonna happen will have happened.

I do strongly disagree though that there wasn't great value in that ammo we 'burned up' during our (fun) range sessions; ammo that most of us had replaced in inventory before it was shot to begin with. Burning through ammo and having fun doing so is a part of this whole deal. And a really important part of it.

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
21,493 Posts

Obviously this can and will be fought legislatively and I doubt's gonna happen (nor CAN it really happen given the scope of what's been bought. No one would be buying up ARs and mags only to turn them in later so it ain't gonna happen--no way). For many of us the paradigm is simply insane and if it ever came to how many or much of this stuff we have none of us would even know where to start. Which is the way it should be. And at this point with our tinder box and level of mistrust towards those on high, no one is gonna be registering anything.

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
21,493 Posts
Went to the local walmart for a grocery run this morning. While I was there I paid a visit to the sporting goods department. There were plenty of shotguns and rifles in the cases on display. Turned around to check out the ammo case. Only 4 boxes of .222 remington and 1 box of .300 winchester ammo. On the shelves were various 12 gauge shotshells but the majority of them were target loads.
Slugs n' buck are getting hard to come by. So this is more significant than the Obama ammo run for sure.

·
Registered
24,835 Posts

Biden ain't gonna be President, and none of his minions are going to be Cabinet Post holders.

Even if by some Fairy Godmother granting a wish for him to be President, I still would NOT comply! PERIOD!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts