Amy Coney Barrett confirmed

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by grizcty, Oct 26, 2020.

1. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

:usa:

Woo Hoo,
    Senate votes 52-48 to confirm Amy Coney Barrett to the U.S. Supreme Court.
    Justice Clarence Thomas will administer the constitutional oath.

TheWall, blaster, PAPA G and 20 others like this.
  2. Sportsterboy

Sportsterboy G&G Evangelist

But, but, but.....Ruth Ginsberg (on her deathbed) wanted the next president (Donald Trump after being re-elected) :usa2:to nominate her replacement.
    Hear that sound.....it's Libs heads exploding :usa:

TheWall, PAPA G, jerry and 13 others like this.

3. BigEd63

BigEd63 G&G Evangelist

Arkansas
    Like a big pan of old Jiffy Pop!

neophyte, PAPA G, jerry and 8 others like this.
  4. CountryBoy

CountryBoy G&G Evangelist

Woohoo another win!! :usa::usa:

neophyte, blaster, PAPA G and 6 others like this.
  5. AK Hunter

AK Hunter G&G Evangelist

jiffy-pop.jpg BOOM! LOL

Thank goodness now maybe the nation can get back to normal.

neophyte, K75RT, ChaZam and 2 others like this.
  6. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

“The Squad” is already screaming to pack the Court.

neophyte, PAPA G, K75RT and 2 others like this.
  7. AK Hunter

AK Hunter G&G Evangelist

Couldn't we pack it before they get there!

blaster, PAPA G, K75RT and 4 others like this.
  8. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

neophyte, PAPA G, ChaZam and 3 others like this.
  9. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

It makes my Heart hurt brother.

neophyte, Ten Man, PAPA G and 3 others like this.
  10. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Video of her swearing in ceremony from the Rose Garden by Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas.

TheWall, neophyte, Ten Man and 4 others like this.
  11. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

President Trump speaking at White House swearing in ceremony. Justice Clarence Thomas will administered the constitutional oath.

[​IMG]

Prepare to be judged! And found wanting.

[​IMG]

TheWall, neophyte, Ten Man and 4 others like this.
  12. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    It's a step in the right direction. Now, if I, God willing, wake up on the morning of November 4th to see Princess Whinybitch fulminating because Trump has decisively carried 30 states or more and there is no way Bidumb can accumulate 270 Electoral College votes, I will be able to relax for a bit ... even thoughnit will probably mean Princess Whinybitch refusing to come to bed with me for another four years.

TheWall, neophyte, Huey Rider and 3 others like this.
  13. Jim Bridger

Jim Bridger G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Justice Ginsburg had no place on the SOCTUS. She openly berated and threatened the Elected President Mr. Trump.

blaster, PAPA G and K75RT like this.
  14. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

Thank you Rex. I stand as a witness to the video if for some reason it disappears.

Ten Man, PAPA G and ChaZam like this.
  15. shanebrews

shanebrews G&G Evangelist

It boggles the mind that 48 of our Senatorial losers would vote that this woman was not a competent judge.

neophyte, blaster, Huey Rider and 3 others like this.
  16. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    Princess Winybitch just slammed into the bedroom and ranted at me about how unqualified ACB is to sit on the Supreme Court. I refrained from pointing out that if she thought ACB was unqualified, both of Bobo the Clown's picks were even less qualified.

Kagan has literally NEVER tried a case, or sat on the bench. She is a career academic, former head of the Harvard Law School -- which in my eyes is a massive disqualification even taking her lack of real-world experience into account.

Sotomayor had an at-best lackluster legal career but at least knew what the inside of a courtroom looked like. Her major disqualification in my opinion is that every one of her decisions that made it up to the Supreme Court was overturned. It indicates to me she is not a good jurist and has no business on the Supreme Court. If you are looking at moving a judge up to be a justice, the one you want is someone whose rulings were upheld by the Supreme Court, because that shows an excellent grasp of the law.

She is raving that the first thing ACB is going to do is overturn Obamacare, and then nullify Roe v. Wade. I don't think she will do either, even if cases where those are on point are taken up by the Court. ACB pointed out to the Senate inquisitors that the Court can only rule on cases brought before it, and she has no intention of legislating from the bench because that is not the Supreme Court's job. She understands that the justices' job is to decide what law IS, whether it is constitutional, not to make laws themselves. If a judge wants to make law, run for Congress. If a judge wants to be a judge, follow the laws as they exist, don't legislate from the bench as Judge Henry Bone often did on Picket Fences. (A series I recommend, by the way.)

She also fumed because ACB appeared on a balcony with Trump. She thinks this is something that only dictators do. I will admit I'm annoyed she appeared with the President without wearing a mask, but the business of appearing on a balcony "proving" that Trump is a dictator out to dismantle the American system of government and destroy Social Security, the national health care system, and deprive women of their reproductive rights is idiocy.

I am so far beyond tired of this.

neophyte, Huey Rider, PAPA G and 2 others like this.
  17. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

They weren't voting on her "competence." They were voting on her corruptability!

neophyte and shanebrews like this.