An Arc !!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by SwedeSteve, Aug 28, 2010.

1. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Didn't Bill Cosby say an Arc is 40 cubits by 40 cubits ?? I need one shortly !! And by the way, what the hey-hey is a cubit, LOL !!

2. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

1 cubit = 45.72 centimeters

3. aaalaska

aaalaska G&G Newbie

Looks like it's going to be wet till it's white.
    Alex

4. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

A "cubit" was the ancient unit of length based on the length of the forearm....so it changed occasionally when the King got overthrown...or knifed. They hadn't heard of wave lengths of light.

In modern times the international unit of measurement of one metre has gotten more sophisticated as scientists claim:

"it is the base unit of length in the International System of Units (SI). Originally intended to be one ten-millionth of the distance from the Earth's equator to the North Pole, its definition has been periodically refined to reflect growing knowledge of metrology. Since 1983, it is defined as the distance travelled by light in vacuum in 1⁄299,792,458 of a second "(1)

(1) From Wikipedia

I like the cubit definition better(ha)

Ox

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  5. Ninja Piper

Ninja Piper G&G Evangelist

Just in case someone doesn't catch that last reference... Great sketch!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0KHt8xrQkk"]YouTube- Bill Cosby Noah[/ame]

6. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Still raining here..

7. Raining here too. Got soaking we this morning when I went moose hunting. Im wearing my hip waters tomarrow lol.

8. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

More rain in store for us again.

9. 99dragon99

99dragon99 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Voobah, voobah, voobah, ding

"How long can you tread water? HA HA HA HA!"

Bill Cosby was great!

This and the story of the Shelby Cobra (with dual Hickey's where the dual super chargers live) are 2 of my favorites.

Dammit get in here! But Dad, I'm Jesus Christ. Is my all time favorite sketch though.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt33zqib2qk"]YouTube- Bill Cosby---Grandparents[/ame]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  10. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

wow, I haven't heard that in many years. its as funny now as it was backj then.