Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I celebrated our 6th anniversary this year. Each year that we've been married, I've researched both the traditional & contemporary gift for that year and given her something meaningful based on (usually) the traditional.

Anniversay - Traditional/Contemporary gift
1st - paper/clock
2nd - cotton/china
3rd - leather/crystal
4th - flowers/silk
5th - wood/silverware
6th - iron/candy

I had no problem on the first 5 years (1=Framed wedding announcement + big roll of paper targets & trip to range, 2=T-shirts with Biblical American messages on them, 3=Little pink leather-covered Bible, 4=Silk scarf with flower pattern on it, 5=wood-bodied ink pen with Scripture passage "burned" into it). But for the 6th...my wife doesn't like candy and, jeez, what wife wants "iron" for a gift? I looked at a beautiful cast-iron tea kettle, but she already has a tea-kettle and can't stand picking up any of my cast-iron cookware anyway.

So (short story, long) I ended up getting her a "shooting IRON." Bought her a Glock 36 (she loves shooting mine) that is duracoated in a nice tan color.

I tell some people this story and they look at me like I'm crazy and ask if my wife is still married to me after getting a gift like that (she is). It's hard to explain to a lot of people that she was more excited about her new "iron" than she has been about the previous 5 anniversary gifts (and she was excited about each of them). I figured that posting this story on here would get my wife some positive replies (instead of the incredulous stares that she gets from a lot of people when she tells them about her 6th anniversary present).

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hey Dog Party, you got company, I gave my present wife a PT22, ( she wanted a small 22 ) on our 5th anniversary. She still loves to shoot it. Nothing says I love you, like cold steel and hot lead !!

·
Wonderment :)
33,582 Posts
Commended

dog party: Sir, your thoughtfulness is commended:). "Mrs.dog party" probably has the most "jealous" friends in America:)
Now, we will be taking you out behind the woodshed lol :dance: :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts