Anniversary Gift

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by lorcin25, May 19, 2008.

1. lorcin25

lorcin25 Guest

My wife just bought me a Taurus 24/7 pro for our anniversary. It is taking absolutely forever to come in and I heard they are backordered some 40,000 pistols.

Any recommendations of a substitute? I absolutely do not want to spend more than $400 with tax included. I am thinking of a .357 mag but I would really like a 9mm. Also it has to be new because I am going through this store that will give me a great deal.

Any recommendations? (I want it to be memorable since it was our first anniversary).

2. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

hugs and kisses

lorcin25: Sir; hugs and kisses to the "Miss'esslorcin25" :kiss::):09:
    Investigate the Stoeger 8000: $425.00 list. Made by Beretta and will receive any service by Beretta. Value bang for your buck.
    Ruger SR9 can be had from$369.00 and up. Great bang for your buck.

3. LiveToShoot

LiveToShoot Guest

Lorcin...
    Congratulations on your wedding anniversary, and how your wife buys anniversary gifts according to your shooting desires. Hopefully you'll locate a pistol of your liking...for $400 or less.

I'd recommend buying a Springfield XD9, but they're a little higher than $400.

I've got the XD in .45 ACP and really like it.

4. rossi makes a decent .357 for around 320 NIB

of course you can pick up a decent smith and wesson for that much anyhow

as far as 9mm's go, i mean, its your call

5. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

how's about a direct replacement the taurus pt-92 same gun different color.

6. lorcin25

lorcin25 Guest

I have heard great things about the 24/7 pro. They had issues for a while but they were ironed out once they fixed the mag feed ramp. (or something like that).

We ordered it in Stainless Longslide. I just don't know if I should wait for it or go with something else. Is it worth waiting for? (I hear it can get a 9mm up to 1400 fps)

7. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

with 85 gr bullets maybe, the 24/7 is still a taurus , a 115 at 1200 is still a 9mm
    i wanted a 24/7 got the regular 92 and i just shoot it, it even has the light rail.
    and costs a bit less,oh yeah it don't have any feed issues.

8. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

Ruger

lorcin25: Sir; not a fair question. 9mm out of a 4" unless worn out is same speed. Would I wait? Probably not considering I aint to patient to start with.
    Again the Cougar 800
    Ruger SR9
    either will fit your budget constraint,s and my partizan to Ruger; I would still look very very close at the Cougar 8000

9. lorcin25

lorcin25 Guest

I would never buy that SR9. It has already had many recalled. I have read many reviews about the terrible trigger as well.

10. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Stick with what you ordered.

11. I strongly disagree. I've read some really good things about them.

12. squirrelblaster

squirrelblaster G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

id try and get a nice used cz75, i got mine for $410, best handgun ever! thats right i said it!

13. Punisher

Punisher Guest

Congrats. How about a Taurus Mill Pro series. Im looking at PT145 for $359 NIB before tax. Here is a review on it. The 9mm cost around the same. I went and looked at it yesterday. Great feeling and so light. 10 in the clip + 1.
    Millenium Pro PT 145