Annoying gun problem

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by wes, Mar 22, 2002.

1. wes

wes G&G Newbie

What's the most annoying gun problem you've ever had?

2. Shaun

Shaun Retired Moderator

S&W 5906 department issue constant extractor failures causing double feeds and the worst part was the department armorer wouldn't believe me until he saw it several times in one day -- I got a sig very fast

3. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Years ago I had a .22 semi-auto rifle that I could not get to feed more than 2rounds,bet I worked on it for a year. Finally gave up and traded it for a Charter Arms Bulldog .44 Special.

4. MangesMade

MangesMade G&G Newbie

My Guns unlike the ones I've seen on TV, Keep running out of Bullets, This is very annoyingl to me.

5. MangesMade

MangesMade G&G Newbie

OK Wes, who did you get to spell ANNOYING for you?

6. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Most anoying?

1. My wife findign out how much I spent on a firearm and ammo.....she is becomeing a gun problem....but we have to pay the light bill with that $$....why I can clean the guns in the dark. :)

2. Real problem....I picked up a NAA 22LR derringer you know thoses realy tiny ones...If I held it tight then I put too much force on the triger and shoot very low....held to light and it shoot very high....if I tried rapid fire I would only hit the target 5 FT. away 2 out of 5 times unless I used rat shot....I finaly gave up and sold it to our HR person who wanted it because it was cute and she did not want to realy hurt someone just scare them...oh well she paid me what I paid for it so cool.

7. Robert

Robert Member

Most annoying problem I have had is when I found the perfect new toy and didnt have any money. .375 JDJ. Oh well, I had a yard sale and came up with the cash fast, but I got rid of some iron that I wish I hadnt. The only other annoying problem I have had is when the liberals wont stand still for a shot. (just joking, dont want dear Janet storming my door)

8. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

:confused: I spent lot's of time and effort trying to get a MAS49/56 in .308 to function reliably. Finally sold the darned thing to someone else. Then read the JFPO article on how to fix it. Oh Dell! :eek:

9. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

M91 Nagant

When I fire it the shells stick. I cleaned it out good (so I thought) and it still grabs. I have really cleaned it good this time using a 12gauge shotgun brush for the chamber. Found a bunch of tiny paper/plastic like fragments. I removed what I could see and as far as I know its clean. next time I hit the range Ill find out won't I.

10. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

I had this problem with my Finn M39, until I changed bolts. It is now much smoother, and has a better trigger pull. Just be sure to check headspace with the new bolt. The original bolt was mismatched on serial number, and had been changed somewhere along the line anyway.

11. Stopper

Stopper G&G Newbie

My biggest gun problem is money and the wife. I keep telling her guns are a man's best friend, but she has other things in mind for our money. Although I have convinced the girl to "allow" me to purchase a NEW AR-10!!!!!!!!!!!! Camo and the whole 9 yards, 20 inch barrel, flat top ohh ohh ohh igoota stop, I'ma chub'n

12. My worse problem is the gun safe keeps getting too full.I hate the idea but guess I will just have to get a second safe.

13. My biggest gun problem is bird hunting!!!!! The birds must be getting smaller....less shot in the shells....barrell is bent.....sights are off......trees get in the way.....I dunno....can't seem to hit a dang thing, lol.

14. jerry

jerry Patriotic Member Forum Contributor

USA
    bought a nice 20ga. twin to a 16 i have. couldn't hit anything with it. had to shoot the ground in front of me to verify Dale's theory. it's on consignment at the store where i bought it. i won't ahve one sitting around looking pretty.

15. ScottD

ScottD G&G Newbie

It started when I started deer hunting in an area that was shotgun only.

Trying to save pennies I wanted to use my A-5 12 ga. And went and got a Hastings rifled barrel for it and mounted a B-Square scope plate to put on a Tasco scope.

Everytime I pulled the trigger the **** screws that held the scope mount on came loose.

16. jerry

jerry Patriotic Member Forum Contributor

USA
    ScottD,
    Did you try LOCTITE?

17. Benny

Benny G&G Newbie

I had an FN FAL once that really annoyed me. I could never shoot more than 2 and very rarely sometimes 3 shells without it not ejecting brass completely. I took it to the gunsmith. He didn't know what was wrong with it. I tried all sorts of stuff. Lapping rails, checking for bent gas rod, cracked gas block, springs etc. I finally sold the darn thing, too much of a hassle!!

Benny

18. ScottD

ScottD G&G Newbie

Tried the loc-tite and that did not help. What it was is that the mount screwed to the side of the Browning in it's existing screw holes. But because the side of the receiver is so thin and the screws could not go past to the inside. This left 1 to 2 threads to hold the mount and the scope. Just not enough for a hard recoiling 12 ga.

19. Pumpkinheaver

Pumpkinheaver G&G Evangelist

I live in southeast Missouri and it is very, very humid here in the summer. You have to oil your guns once a week if you want to keep them rust free.

20. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

Here I go again.....my biggest problem with guns is.....NICS and McCain!
    If they both went away we would be a lot better off.
    W
    Watch for him in 2004!
    We had one traitor in office for eight years,don't put it past the American people to do it again!The ground work is being laid as we speak!