Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the barrel off the 03A3 drill rifle receiver I picked up last Friday, and removed the mag cutoff lever, the weld material , and cleaned it all up some. Also I had an old bolt and a few parts , so I now have a nearly complete 03A3 action for under $100. Now to acumulate some more parts and build an 03A4 clone. JR

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mods please delete the duplicate pics. JR

·
Premium Member
5,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IMG_1903.JPG IMG_1903.JPG Obtained a good barrel with som exterior wrench marks but with an excellent bright shiny bore and no apprecable muzzle wear and got it installed today. JR

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got delivery of an 03a3 stock that I obtained off Ebay pretty cheap. It needs a crack repaired and some TLC but looks serviceable. I'll post pics next week as we've got the 2 grandsons with us this week so no time to work on it now. JR

Reactions: PAPA G

·
Premium Member
5,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Repaired the crack with superglue this evening after work and I think its going to look pretty good. JR

·
Premium Member
4,556 Posts
Deleted all duplicate images as requested. Nice looking receiver by the way.

·
Premium Member
5,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I got the stock repaired and I think it will look good when finished. Will post pics next week. JR

·
Premium Member
5,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's why I build them. Just about all of them that are left are arsenal rebuilds anyway. This will be #2. JR

Reactions: SUBMOA

·
Premium Member
9,757 Posts
I just got the barrel off the 03A3 drill rifle receiver I picked up last Friday, and removed the mag cutoff lever, the weld material , and cleaned it all up some. Also I had an old bolt and a few parts , so I now have a nearly complete 03A3 action for under $100. Now to acumulate some more parts and build an 03A4 clone. JR
JR you will have another nice build when done. These receivers are perfect for custom builds just like the Mauser actions. Only thing is the receivers are so hard to drill and tap for scope mounts. I did one build 2 years ago and re barreled the receiver. I used another 30.06 barrel because I wanted it for big game hunting. What stock do you plan on getting for it?

·
Premium Member
5,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've gotten a military stock that needs some work yet. JR

Reactions: rando

·
Premium Member
5,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IMG_2022.JPG IMG_2021.JPG Here are a couple pics of what I've gotten done on this one so far. I need to order a parts kit from Sarco and apply a finish ti the stockJR

·
Registered
420 Posts
Looking nice JW. Assume your comment about the cut off lever and weld makes the receiver a demilled one. Nothing wrong with that considering they are so inexpensive and can be reworked.
I've seen a few reworked demilled 03s, and they were nice.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Nice job. Now for a range report. Fun with Guns. I have two in the works. Just bought a new in grease 03A3 barrel for a drill rifle.

·
Premium Member
5,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Finally ordered the parts kit. Should be here on a week or so. JR

·
Premium Member
5,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Parts came in today and I got it about 95 % done . I'll post pics soon. JR

·
Premium Member
6,377 Posts
It this the receiver that we talked about at KCR? Looking good!

Reactions: jwrauch

·
Premium Member
5,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sure is !! Thanks. JR

1 - 20 of 29 Posts