Another/Better Country

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Mike Franklin, May 1, 2008.

1. I read where guys are going to another Country so they'll be ready and can own all kinds of guns and stuff for when the SHTF. Where might that be?
    I live in the country in South Texas. I'm not sure there's a better place to be.
    I'm almost sure that when 'they' find out an outsider is moving in to their Country with enough military gear to equip a small army they're not going like it.

2. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

Mike, there is no better country than the United States of America even with the problems we now have. If we have a SHTF SITUATION I will fight to protect our Constitutional Rights and die here if necessary. I took an oath to do this a long time ago and my word is good. Sorry I couldn't answer your question.

3. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

History

Windwalker: Sir; I too took the oath. I wonder if some of the folks think about something like this when they, we read these "situational" hypothetical.

Wonder what the "folks" at the door would say if I "flashed" the history "tags"
    Would "I" be treated as a ?hostile?

We live in the greatest country in the World:

melodramatically? or should pseudo melodrama; the Oath I took; is it different than what is given today?

4. mitch_mckee

mitch_mckee Guest

I've heard the country of Belize come up in conversation.

5. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

If you want to try out another country, go to Florida!

6. I've heard Switzerland's name come up before in this sort of convo. Solid gun rights, strong currency, good privacy laws, neutrality in most wars, and a stunning high tolerance to the dreaded zombie virus.

7. Rambo

Rambo G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

America
    It's human nature to always think someplace has to be better than where you're at. People say their neighborhood is getting bad so they're moving. Little do they realize that their moving makes the neighborhood go down even faster. Stay here and work to make this a better place to live.

8. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

Craig, to the best of my knowledge the oath is still the same as I took in 1957.Jerry or Larry O. might know if it has changed in any way. It seems that a lot of folks discarded the oath when they got off active duty. There was no time limit mentioned when I took the oath so my word must remain good through my lifetime. This is just the way I see it.

9. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

took an oath

Windwalker: We pledged

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America
    and to the Republic for which it stands:
    One Nation under God; indivisible
    With Liberty and Justice for all

At what POINT; doesn't this MAKE the POINT

10. I just stood up and put my hand over my heart.

11. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

Would have expected better of you than that Capt'n. Hope you were joking.

12. smokey

smokey Guest

I've heard about a very liberal country somewhere out west called Califorina :09:

13. Muddog

Muddog Guest

Smokey I believe it starts with a K

14. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Guest

If you want a better country start here and work hard. All them illegals just want to start over someplace better.

15. smokey

smokey Guest

:thinking: I think your right :burnout::lmao:

16. LiveToShoot

LiveToShoot Guest

Where we are, In America (the U.S. of A.), is where I want to be and stay...we just need to figure out how to get things fixed here.

I've had opportunity to travel some in my USAF days and I don't know of a better place to live.

Call it a bit of location prejudice, but it's my favorite place.

Last edited: May 4, 2008
  17. mym1a

mym1a Guest

I think most of us in here have taken an oath some time in our lives I agree with most in here how ever, things aren't that bad here, yet! before you guys get all paranoid lets see how the supremes rule in the next 30 to 60 days? the second ammendment may become a moot issue with our elected prostitues in suits????????

18. Germany is a better place to party. Austria is a better place to ski. Italy is a better place to eat.

But I wanna live HERE!

19. I'm confused? Is this because he said he "just stood up and put his hand over his heart" because of the previous post left by Neophyte or did I miss something?

Here's the post, or majority of it Neophyte left >>>

"Windwalker: We pledged

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America
    and to the Republic for which it stands:
    One Nation under God; indivisible
    With Liberty and Justice for all"

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  20. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Don't know either ????