Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Glock does'nt have a hammer... so dry firing cannot be avoided. Is the Glock firing pin built for this stress ?

Also, a very noob question... I know how to strip the gun...but I really don't know how to clean it. You know, what products to use, and where to apply them for proper maintenance.

thanks for any advice..

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
I bought a universal cleaning kit a few years back and it has everything u need but, if you dont have a kit you can use household materials: a old cloth or paper towels, some sort of a guide rod: make sure u dont scratch your barrel, and Q tips, the q tips get the cracks and crevices in the slide, you should atleast get some gun solvent and oil, it will help prevent rust and help the cleaning procedure, if you have a little bit of money it shouldn't cost u over $15 for a universal cleaning kit.

·
Registered
741 Posts
The Glock manual has a very detailed section on maintaining the gun. If you did not get a manual with your gun, contact Glock for one.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I am with lefty on this one. I trained with the glock while I was in the academy and we must have dry fired them thousands of times (not counting classes before and after us), never had a malfunction with the firing pin.

·
Wonderment :)
33,588 Posts
clean

FoggyNoose: Cleaning is a product of doing and finding what will work best for you. There is all kinds of 'money' getting products that ?save time? easier than, and so on.
'Hoppes' #9 historically is the cleaning product. One for copper, one for lead.
Brush that came in the kit; dip into the 'Hoppes' push back and forth in the barrel several time or more. Set barrel aside. Q tip, toothbrush, rag clean what ever you see. Hoppes on toothbrush, Q tip, rag all nooks and cranny's. wipe down with a light coat of oil and then wipe off the oil. 1 drop is just about to much.
Now return to the barrel and use old t shirts, patches, to clean barrel. The soaking should remove the crud. push patches until they come clean. Lightly oil coat a patch and push through the barrel. Should be done.:)

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
FoggyNoose Dry fire that Glock all you want too ! My son has 2 of them and they go through HELL !!!! LOL You can't hurt them...A.H

1 - 8 of 8 Posts