Gun and Game Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Got the barrel and sight bases installed today and need to check the headspace. Also did a little clean up and re-bluing.

Reactions: rando

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Headspace checks out OK.Waiting on a barrel band and receiver ring. A couple more pics.
IMG_1448.JPG
IMG_1447.JPG

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Received the barrel band and handguard ring today and got them installed. hoping for some decent weather to try out this rifle and do some shooting with a few others. If it shoots as well as I hope I'll do some more clean up on it. Kind of looks like a sniper rifle !!
IMG_1449.JPG
IMG_1450.JPG

Reactions: rando

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Received the barrel band and handguard ring today and got them installed. hoping for some decent weather to try out this rifle and do some shooting with a few others. If it shoots as well as I hope I'll do some more clean up on it. Kind of looks like a sniper rifle !! View attachment 136142 View attachment 136144

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Looks like I need to do a little adjustment on the scope rings.

Reactions: ChaZam and rando

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I got to test fire 3 rounds through it this PM. They were handloads loaded for small ring Mausers and seemed be just fine. 120 grain Speer SPs loaded a grain below max. No signs of excess pressure, primers looked fine, and no hard bolt lift. I need to do some yard clean up in order to use my back yard range as I've a brush pile in the way.

Reactions: ChaZam and rando

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
One nice thing about keeping the 29 inch barrel full length is reduced recoil due to weight. This will be one soft shooting rifle. Also it will pick up a little more velocity.

·
Premium Member
24,593 Posts
One nice thing about keeping the 29 inch barrel full length is reduced recoil due to weight. This will be one soft shooting rifle. Also it will pick up a little more velocity.
Those long barrels point easier for me JWR. I like a rifle slightly muzzle heavy.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts