Gun and Game Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Got ahold of a good 7mm full length barrel and a handguard so I went a different direction on this. Used the stock I repaired , pulled the short rifle barrel from the receiver and put together a full length rifle. Headspace is good. I've been wanting a full length rifle for a while so this fill the void as I've already got plenty of sporting rifles. It'll be interesting to see how this one shoots.
IMG_1513.JPG
IMG_1514.JPG
IMG_1515.JPG

Reactions: gsbuickman

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I think I've got a 94 Brazilian receiver I can use the barrel I pulled on.

Reactions: gsbuickman

·
Registered
625 Posts
Got ahold of a good 7mm full length barrel and a handguard so I went a different direction on this. Used the stock I repaired , pulled the short rifle barrel from the receiver and put together a full length rifle. Headspace is good. I've been wanting a full length rifle for a while so this fill the void as I've already got plenty of sporting rifles. It'll be interesting to see how this one shoots. View attachment 147762 View attachment 147764 View attachment 147766
That's sweet, good work!

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Its a Chilean Mauser.

·
Registered
6,900 Posts
Sweet JW :) I hope she shoots as good as she looks. I really need to get me another 7.65 Argentine . I have a really nice numbers matching original configuration Turkish 8mm which for all intents and purposes is basically a Gew 98 that's stuck in my Stack-On tactical cabinet. Apparently the bars that actuate the locks are bound up somehow so I'm trying to figure out how to get into the damn thing short of cutting it open with my hot saw or drilling out the lock since I have the key to it, ugh...

Reactions: jwrauch
21 - 27 of 27 Posts