Another Nice Mosin

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by SwedeSteve, May 14, 2008.

1. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

that is cool!

2. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

I likes it! Wish I could afford to buy it...

3. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

Too bad the Bore is Pitted...Otherwise a very interesting Gal !
    rich

4. SwedeSteve

Yep, she's more of a collector.

5. All depends on how bad the pitting is. My 91/30 has a pretty rough bore, but the rifling is still strong and it's still shoots striaght. I love these old girls and it's great to see more of them comming about, but my funds are stretched pretty tight. Wish I wouldn't got the stupid Helwan! Good pistol, but I should have held out for the old Mosins! lol

6. I even like this one, though I'm not interested in buying it.

7. SwedeSteve

I really like the older M91's.

8. Cool looking ol rifle. The wood looks like its in original finish. The metal must have been refinished sometime in the past. Probably after WWII. I was wondering what the marks were for Westinghouse. Dang it I just saw some stocks marked like that at the last gun show. I would have got one if I knew that. Gotta say though most of the 91's I see at the gun shows are in better shape for around $120. to $140. range. And at the gun shows they are all checked out to be safe to fire. At least from dealers I buy from.

9. SwedeSteve

Yep, I was admiring the rifles. Not necessarily their prices. I wish there was a Mosin Petting Museum.

10. Darn right Steve and thanks for showing em. I love them ol 91's. Sorry wasnt criticizing just making remarks. Its kind of fun to critique the firearms that people are selling. I guess it comes from all the gun shows Ive been to.

11. Mosin Petting Museum...Great business oppertunity! Thanks Steve! Don't be upset when I make MILLIONS from your idea...atleast I can give you a life time of a 20%....na, 10% discount on the admission! Sorry, all items in the gift shop wll still be full price! lol

12. SwedeSteve

Ya, I got that Cap'n!

Sean- If you open one, I'll pay full price and show up every weekend, LOL!

13. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

I am with you there STeve! Someday I would love to own one of the older rifles. The classic style writing on the receiver is so beautiful!

14. Oh yeah. Very nice... checking the bank account... Ahhhh... No!:sad2:

I have promised to keep the collection at 7 for the near term... maybe it's time to start groveling.:09:

15. SwedeSteve

We should be getting Mosin Security at our age !!!!

16. If that rifle was $150 or so I might even consider it. That is a good idea. A gun range you could rent these old bangers. Now to find a city that will allow a gun range...

17. SwedeSteve

Mine will! About 1 Million to build one. Got 1 million to throw my way?

18. marion57

marion57 G&G Newbie

+1 I sure have been looking for a m91 but the prices keep me from buying so a petting museum would be good :)

19. SwedeSteve

OK, so then you both need to give me 500k!