Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
10,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That owl doesn't have time to be bothered by you Blaster. What is that on your rifle? A light?
that owl didn't see me when he landed there but he doesn't pay me much attention any way. when we first bought the place, one evening I answered his call and called him in. with the barred owls in the Glades, sometimes I can call them in and we hoot at each other for a while. this guy flew in and checked me out, flew off and never responded to my calls since. I still hoot at him once in a while but I guess my S. Fla. owl accent is not to his liking.
yes that is a light. that picture was taken on an evening hog hunt.

· Registered
3,109 Posts
Here is my 6 point from last Tuesday. Had some points broke off but I did not care. With health issues any old buck works for me. . The butcher estimated him at 170 field dressed. The skin on his face was very loose. The Mossyoak website on aging deer says they get loose skin on their face when they are 8 years or older. Works for me. I killed one that age tested over 11 years once, excellent eating so this one should be just fine.

I killed that deer at 282 yards, longest shot I have taken in a few years, but I had a steady hold, down he went. Love it when a plan comes together. Actually, I was within about 2 hours of ending my hunting for the year, so a lucky break.
Grass Terrestrial animal Tail Soil Underwater

That owl is cool, love em. Had one watching my miniature schnauzer last night, had to run him off, although the schnauzer might just eat him too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.