close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Another TX execution....

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by oneastrix, Aug 29, 2002.

1. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Well boys, we juiced another one in Huntsville last night. This dude was only 24, and was convicted at age 17. The catch to the stroy was that the teenager murdered his two cousins, ages 3 and 6 respectively, and his aunt. All so he could steal the chrome wheels off of their vehicle! Sparked a big debate about convicting a teenager of capital murder and sentencing him to death.

I beleive, and I'll look into it, that when a juvenile is certified to stand trial as an adult, which happens often, he or she cannot be sentenced to death under TX statutes.

This guy however, was not certified as an adult since TX says that an adult is age 17 for somethings, and 18 for others.......

not even old enough to vote when he was covicted. This will raise some debate in the media.....

2. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

whats to debate he did the crime, he did the time. now he's just a bad memory. enough of this crying, he knew what he was doing, he was old enough to know right from wrong, got no problem with juicing the scum!!!!!!!!!!!

3. One less excuse for human plasma soaking up tax payer's dollars....yepper.....fer sure!

There goes another good arguement for mandatory abortion.

4. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I have no problem with scum like this being executed. 3 murders, 2 being children, to steal something. This is exactly the kind of crime that warrants execution. The only problem, IMHO, is that the sentence should be carried out much faster. Linit appeals to 5 years and 5 appeals, unless there are extraordinary circumstances.

5. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Fry in hell, killer

Scum like that seem to never learn they've got to pay for their crimes. A new fool is born every day.

The only problem I have with this is what took so long to pull the lever? Did it take that long to set up a generator? Just turn it on high and say good riddance killer.:nod:

6. BenP

BenP G&G Newbie

How about 2 years and 2 appeals.

Personally, I like Chief Gillespie's take on Capital Punishment (Heat of the Night). Once convicted, we oughtta lock em up for 30 days, then tell them that their sentence was commuted, and let them out of prison, except that just as they're walking out the gate, you blow their head off from behind so they never see it coming.

7. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Oxford, we actually use the needle in TX. Doesn't smell as bad a fryin' 'em!

8. At least you can say Texas is a humane execution state.

9. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

I think the appeals should be zero on an open-and-shut case like this one. And, sentence would be carried out in 30 days. Saves time and money.
    Alan, isn't it Texas law to use a sterile needle in all executions? :rolleyes:

10. Wayne

Wayne G&G Newbie

Yep Guys If they are gonna do the crime, Stay out of Texas

11. Hail to the guys from Texas--glad to see the Texas flag avitars.

12. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Let's see, did the deed at 17, went to his maker at 24 - seven years, not too bad. Here in Florida, it often takes ten to twelve years of state coddling before they go to ol' Sparky. Y'all got a bargain. Took us about fifteen years to send Ted Bundy downstairs. :D

You know another one bites the dust when the lights in Starke dim for a few seconds. "You want frys with that?"

13. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

don't get me wronge i am for the death penalty. but i have been seeing a lot of stuff on the tv about people in jail for something they just did not do .and the only reason they are in there is because the da was up for reelection or something and wants it to look like he is doin his job.i think if they have 100%proof he did it . then they should carry out the execution as soon as possible .but if he is convicted on cercustantial evidense. he should be allowed so many years for an apeal . and i think if they took the way the other countries do there executions we might have alot more less murders. the way it is now in the USA is if you kill some one no matter how grusom if was chances are you will probably spend the rest of you'r life with free cable ac in the summer and heating in the winter. not to mention free health club benifitsand as for geting raped in prison buy a gang hell most of them sick f**** will enjoy it . think about it we pay about 60 dollars a month to have cable in our homes . and any where's from 100 to 400 dollars a month for electricity for our homes .and as for health care hell most of us can't even afford it . it makes me sick. i am on workmans comp caues i had two neck sugeris and i was i some real bad pain . i went to the hospital and waited for three hours . and a cop walks in with a detainee the had a upset belly do you know that they did not have to wait to see the dr they took them right away. i waited another 35 to 40 minutes and still did not see a dr so i left. now they say that crime does not pay. well it might not but if you are a criminal in the USA you have more rights then a honest law abideing person.maybe next time i go to the dr and see a cop i should just walk up to him and smack the crap out of him and after he arrest me i can tell him my neck hurts . then i can see the dr real fast with no waiting. sounds funny but it's true

14. Oh I dunno

Howdy Alan,

I dunno, for thugs like that, I'd dust off the ol electric fryer, and turn down the juice just enough to get the job done and take mah Texas Time to do it.

All the liberal trash in our land cry for the poor 24 year old who was just a confused kid at the time. Well who the f*** is crying for the 3 and 6 year old children in this one?

Am I the only one?:confused:

15. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Put me on the execution squad.

Ok, so Texas injects those convicted to be executed with chemicals. Saves on electricity, I suppose.

That's too easy on them. If there's absolutely no doubt in the charges made, and the penalty is death, then I prefer that the older methods of execution be used:

----stoning
    ----eye for an eye
    ----cutting off hands/fingers, etc.
    ----guillotine
    ----firing squad
    ----drowning (gangplank)
    ----hanging
    ----electrocution
    ----chopping off their heads

Now that's a grewsome list of execution possibilities that ought to make criminals take second thoughts before commiting the crimes.
    However, I don't think criminals give it that much thought before they commit their acts. "They want...they take..." and to hell with anyone who gets in their way.

Oxford:nod:

16. BenP

BenP G&G Newbie

Wanna get gruesome, watch Braveheart. Talk about a fun way to die.

17. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Amen Oxford! Enough is enough. There's to much of this crap going on in our country! The countries with the methods you have suggeted have an astonishingly low crime rate!

18. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Yep! None are around to screw up again. They just move on...to hell.:nod:

19. Stopper

Stopper G&G Newbie

They have an astonishingly low murder rate - other crimes are through the roof - but the other crimes do not dictate capitol punishment. However, I do like the idea of a more gruesome form of capitol punishment - be-heading for one - Ol' sparky is another.

Hope this dumba** enjoy's his stay in hades, gonna be a hot one down there for a while - cause we all know hell will not freeze over until K-State wins a national title in football. So he's gonna enjoy the heat. he, he, he.

Ya I'm a Jayhawker!!!!!!!!