Anti-Gun Chicago Alderman Forgot to Re-Register His Guns

Discussion in 'Firearm Related News' started by GGReporter, May 21, 2008.

1. GGReporter

GGReporter Moderator

Chicago Alderman Richard Mell forgot to re-register his guns. No problem -- he'll just write a new law. Mell forgot to re-register the weapons as required every year by the ordinance that he helped to pass as one of the City Council's most senior members.

More...

2. Talk about being "above the law"---

3. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

I would llike to see the voters recall him.

4. mosquitofish

mosquitofish Guest

:banghead:If you put a law on the books, and the law does not work! and you have to write even more laws to fix the bad law? What good was the law in the first place???

5. DWFan

DWFan Handgunner Forum Contributor

If this isn't blatant use of authority for personal benefit, I don't know what is.

6. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

Hypocrite, this reminds of the anti-gun politician who used a handgun to defend his home.

7. Well I also hope he doesn't live within the City of Chicago's city limits? I mean, after all, hand guns, and last I looked a Walther PPK is a hand gun, aren't allowed within the city limits. So, I wonder where he does reside being a Chicago alderman?

8. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

I was under the impression (possibly mistaken) that aldermen were exempt from that particular ban.

It's good to be da king...

9. sell33

sell33 G&G Enthusiast

wow thats a stupid law to begin with i hope he realizes that now....

10. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

11. My feelings, no one should be exempt from any law. The only firearm a police officer should be allowed to have if they live within the city limits of Chicago is those they use for the job, that's it! They shouldn't be allowed personal firearms and should have to abide by the same laws like everyone else. Same goes for alderman,mayors and anyone else. I mean if not, they may as well be exempt from every law then. What's good for the goose should also be good for the gander. If one does all should.