Anti-Gun Mayor Daley Wants Another Chance to Register Guns

Discussion in 'Firearm Related News' started by GGReporter, May 22, 2008.

1. GGReporter

GGReporter Moderator

Mayor Daley said today he`s all for the idea of temporarily re-opening gun registration in Chicago -- not as a favor to Ald. Richard Mell (33rd), but to get a realistic handle on the number of guns in Chicago.

More...

2. patrick70

patrick70 G&G Newbie

Yeah like every criminal is gonna line up to register,what a fool!

3. Bingo ... another attempt at finding out who has guns to attempt to take them away.

When will these fools realize they are only making it easier on the criminals? Unarmed targets are easier... what a dumba*s.

Put yourself in the shoes of a criminal bent on committing a crime. Are you going to rob, rape or invade the home of someone armed that can and will fight back... or are you going to go after the sap without defense of their own that needs to call the police for help who are at least 10 minutes away?

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  4. ScattergunGuy

ScattergunGuy G&G Newbie

I couldn't agree more. And a lot of people who just skim the newspaper headlines won't notice that only handguns whose registration lapsed within a 1 year time period can be renewed. I wonder what will happen with people whose registration lapsed 2, 5, 10, or 20 years ago try to re-register, and are told that they can't. Will that constitute probable cause to search their homes for the guns?

5. You know, Daley's dad was an old-fashioned crooked politician, from all accounts. But do I remember wrong, or was he at least brighter and more connected to reality than his kid?