Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I purchased a tackle box and it had this wood box in the bottom with some gun sights. Looking to sell them but I have no idea what I have so I figured I'd ask the experts! One is marked Lyman and the other has just distance numbers. Any help on what they fit or what I should ask would be greatly appreciated.
Wood Plant Wooden block Gas Hardwood

Bumper Line Trigger Automotive exterior Gas

Product Wood Gas Auto part Metal

Automotive tire Bicycle part Auto part Gas Bumper

· Registered
23,359 Posts
The one on the left is an 1895 Winchester SRC sight and I think the other is a Lyman Remington Model 12 peep. The finish on the 1895 sight doesn't look right, though.

The SRC sight goes for around $150, and the Model 12 sight can go for as much as $350.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've never seen that dark of a finish on an 1895 sight. Usually they are dull grey or blued. I wonder if it isn't a repro or something.
I don't know. Everything found in the tackle box was from the correct time period. Nothing looked touched for a very long time. If it is a repro, it would still have to be very old! Thank you again for your expertise! Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.