Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Benelli super 90 Montefeltro 12 guage used, like new.
I really do not know anything about it yet.
Any Benelli fans, fill me in. Thanks~JJ~

·
Registered
106 Posts
Welcome to the Benelli Fan Club!

I have a SBE II and I absolutely love it. I hunt ducks and geese with it and I shoot clays informally with it. I have never had any malfunctions of any kind. Even with all the debris, moisture, mud, and gunk that gets in my gun when I'm sloshing in the swamp and crashing through the brush to get to the duck pond and while I'm hunting and retrieving my kills (man, I really need a dog!), it always goes BOOM, BOOM, BOOM (and the ducks and geese fall like rain as long as I'm doing my part!). This gun will cycle all shell lengths and loads without any modification, you load 'em, it shoots 'em. For waterfowling I shoot 3.5" steel loads while I shoot the 2.75" field loads for the clays. I've even interleaved them and the gun functioned PERFECTLY.

Yup, I'm a die hard Benelli fan.

Anyway, if you haven't checked it out already, here's Benelli's website, specifically here's the list of manuals so you can download the manual for your gun if you didn't get one with it:

Benelli - Owners Manuals

I'm sure you will love shooting your gun. The action soaks up a fair amount of the recoil, so its very pleasant to shoot.

ClayMan

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I'm a big Benelli fan... I really wish I could afford the M3 Super 90.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the info, I have only fired about 25 shells in 2.75 It cycled every time without any hangups. I had heard the Benelli's are finicky with certain ammo. I was using Remington Nitro27 # 8 shot. No Problems at all. I do not have the manual, but I can buy a original one on GunBroker.com for about 12.00 plus shipping. The Montefeltro sure looks like a fine gun. It is the only shotgun I own at the moment. I am fortunate enough to live on a farm outside the city limits. So I can shoot anytime I want, without having to go to a range. I mostly plink and target shoot out back. I made my own range with a 20 foot high mound of dirt excavated for a pond. There is a lot of game on my property as well. Deer, rabbit, squirrels, fox etc. Unfortunately, my wife is a animal nut to an extreme. She doesn't even like it when I shoot copperhead snakes. So I only hunt when she isnt around (LOL).The rest of the time, I set up targets and just practice. I grew up in Brooklyn, N.Y. with limited places to enjoy my guns, so living here (South Carolina) is a shooters paradise.~JJ~

Thanks for the link, I downloaded the manual. I still plan to buy the hard copy, just to have the original manual.~JJ~

1 - 5 of 5 Posts