Any buck sightings yet?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by quavodus, Jul 23, 2020.

1. quavodus

quavodus G&G Enthusiast

Moss,Tn.
    I wondered if anybody had seen any good bucks yet? I've seen a few decent ones.

Jaison, jwrauch and rswink like this.
  2. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

I saw one two nights ago at a distance across a field. Only reason I know it was a buck was because it couldn't have had ears that big.

Lefty, BlueFox, Jaison...keep the big ear comments to yourself!

geral ray johnson, Jaison and jwrauch like this.

3. jwrauch

jwrauch G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Saw a nice 6 point back at the edge of our woods last week.

rando and Jaison like this.
  4. Dutch

Dutch G&G Evangelist

CO
    In CO, yes. Antlers are still fuzzy, but they are coming out to lay in the sun.

Jaison and jwrauch like this.
  5. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Far be it for me to mention your kayak-sized ears. I will remain silent.

jwrauch and animalspooker like this.
  6. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    I have not been to any certain hunting property yet because of looking to lease a place. I saw an eight point buck in full velvet inside a military instillation last week. Also 3 does and two turkeys. I posted online for a property to hunt or lease this year because of tired of public hunting property. Had a guy reply today that he has a 150 Acre farm and I can lease to hunt but he will hunt also.. Its one of the prime counties for huge farm bucks. I will call him soon.

jwrauch and Jaison like this.
  7. Mr.tbolt

Mr.tbolt G&G Evangelist

I saw 4 deer in my yard the other morning. 1 doe, 2x 4 point, and 1x6 point. All were covered on velvet.

rando, Jaison and jwrauch like this.
  8. Saw a little spike in the front yard the other day

9. eastbank

eastbank G&G Evangelist

groundhog hunting is a favorite time for me to see them and last week i saw four and three of them will be trophies. i watched them feeding on the soybeens.

jwrauch, rando and Jaison like this.
  10. alleyyooper

alleyyooper G&G Evangelist

Michigan
    Have not seen any yet but staying busy doing things away from the woods. It has been 4 days since I have visited my game camera even so have not seen any that way either.

They will be in valvet here till late Aiugust early September.

Al

jwrauch likes this.
  11. jwrauch

jwrauch G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Haven't seen any more bucks , but this little girl keeps visiting our back yard. IMG_1503.JPG IMG_1502.JPG

Ranger4, Jaison and rando like this.
  12. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Saw 2 the other day on my way to the beach. Ran in front of my car. The way the weather has been here the last 8 days I would not be surprised to see crocodiles, rhinos, and vultures roamin around! Have had 3 day heat waves but nothing like this!

geral ray johnson and Jaison like this.
  13. Sportsterboy

Sportsterboy G&G Evangelist

We saw 8 the other night (5 were bucks) on the fairway of the golf course we live on.
    Bucks were still in velvet.
    Saw a single small one tonight on the course at sunset.

14. cooker300

cooker300 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

NW PA
  15. Ranger4

Ranger4 G&G Enthusiast

Bucky and Stumpy have been coming to my year round corn feeder about 5 weeks now. Bucky is probably a 3 or 4 year old, little fuzzy horns are now about 12-14 inches above the hairline, a big fork and one point each side, so far. Stumpy is just a little smaller with only a fork. They are small deer, maybe 150 on the hoof. Kind of hard to see as they only come the last hour of light and it's like 80 yards from the house. And no, I am not allowed to shoot deer in the same county I live in, wife made that rule.

geral ray johnson likes this.