Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm working on an application for gun lovers where the customer would be able to keep track of the whole inventory of guns and ammo as well as keeping track of all the records from the shooting range with pictures and I really need some feedback on it.

the app is available for download from the apple appStore
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/myarsenal/id1427112698?mt=8

thanks

·
Premium Member
6,169 Posts
For my .02, I'd consider changing the name to something less ..... inflammatory. Liberals are always talking about someone's "arsenal" and in a derogatory sense.

·
God, Guns, Glory
34,602 Posts
Sure,
Get folks posting on line, what they own.
Not only no but hell no, would I ever click on that!
Sounds like either a liberal set up, or possible sting/burglary operation!

Reactions: Ten Man and SUBMOA

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,240 Posts
Primary con........
Not applicable to non-Apple users. Ie. my Android phone. Also not available for PC users.
In any case, I do my firearm and ammo catalogging via MS Excel.

Reactions: K75RT and Ten Man

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
Inventorying your firearm collection on ANY electronic device that connects to the internet in any way, is an act of extreme stupidity, in my book.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,240 Posts
Inventorying your firearm collection on ANY electronic device that connects to the internet in any way, is an act of extreme stupidity, in my book.
Mine resides only on an external DD. Haven't had my laptop online in...... jeez, a couple years!! Hehe...... I do my online by Smartphone. No gun data on it!

·
Premium Member
6,169 Posts
That's a big 10-4! I didn't notice that. Was there a space for the combination to my gun safe, too? :)

·
Premium Member
4,556 Posts
I have done my on an Excel spreadsheet in which I have a copy printed out in my house as well as a copy in the bank safety deposit box as well as a USB stick with spreadsheet and pictures in same box that I update when I get new firearms. The printed sheets are back up and every once in awhile get replaced with updated info. My insurance company knows about the list and it was actually a suggestion by them in case of fire or theft.

Now onto staff business part of this. Since going through the link I found that the app is indeed free although as with anything on the internet use at your own risk.

·
Super Moderator
11,541 Posts
Guns ??? I don't have no stinking guns !!!

Just a cap pistol to scare off the booglers.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
I agree with other folks; I do not put my firearms info into electronic format. It's bad enough that I talk about some here on this forum site, but that is at best a variable listing of my ever changing inventory.

And it isn't Russian or Chinese hackers that I am concerned with. (Although, I would not put it past either country to throw in with the Bloomberg/Soros Syndicate's anti-gun effort.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts