Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. New here. We have a Springfield Rifle, mdl. 1884, trapdoor, bayonet, .45-70 wanting to sell. Any advice/help/ideas on where to appraise, sell, etc. would be appreciated! Thank you.

·
Premium Member
9,520 Posts
Hi and welcome aboard. Oon the trapdoors it also depends on condition, bore, does it still shoot. Also does it have all parts and complete and all screws. I have two hanging on my wall but still in nice condition and shoot. I paid like $800-$900 each over 10 years ago. Some of the Calvary carbines go for a few thousand. Do you have any pics?

·
Registered
8,151 Posts
Pics clearly showing markings and conditions and we can give a close estimate.

Reactions: jwrauch

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Not worth anything kid, just scrap metal and wood. Now, if you need to dispose of it, I have a disposal service, just contact me via message.....

Reactions: cjleete

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi and welcome aboard. Oon the trapdoors it also depends on condition, bore, does it still shoot. Also does it have all parts and complete and all screws. I have two hanging on my wall but still in nice condition and shoot. I paid like $800-$900 each over 10 years ago. Some of the Calvary carbines go for a few thousand. Do you have any pics?
Thanks for your reply. OK...we need to get it down from the wall first. It's up there! More photos to come. I know this doesn't really tell much, but I thought I'd post anyway.
Curious, there's someone below who said it is not worth anything, it's scrap metal. ?? I don't think so.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,520 Posts
Thanks for your reply. OK...we need to get it down from the wall first. It's up there! More photos to come. I know this doesn't really tell much, but I thought I'd post anyway.
Curious, there's someone below who said it is not worth anything, it's scrap metal. ?? I don't think so.
He was just joking with you as many have done the same thing. Just kidding with you saying its worthless so you may as well give it to me. No harm meant by anyone on here

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He was just joking with you as many have done the same thing. Just kidding with you saying its worthless so you may as well give it to me. No harm meant by anyone on here
I figured that. Funny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts