close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ANy of you read this warning PDF about Turks?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Armorer, Aug 22, 2002.

1. I read that before, it really doesnt pertain to me, or let alone anyone who is NOT going to keep their Turk original. Look five postings down. Full Metal posted it before.

2. Armorer

Armorer Guest

Itcboy I was concerned for the new kid in Texas.

It looks like I'm going for a Swed Mauser. Just making sure all the bases are covered.

Oh yeah I only go back 5 days. This forum (and Swed) were empty :)

3. Tony @ WCG

Tony @ WCG G&G Newbie

Ohio
    Many of the Turk long rifles are rebuilt GEW 98 and CZ 98/22 rifles that were scrubbed and restamped. These rifles usually represent no problems but some have had their original receiver ring undercut to retain a handguard simular to the 1903 Turk contract had. These receivers end up having the thread extention shortened from .625"-.630" down to .500". These scrubbed rifles still have their original factory proof marks on the receiver bottom behind the receiver lug area for identification. Many of the later Turk rifles are not scrubbed German/CZ/Yugo rifles but were actually made in Turkey (usually 1930's and 1940's dated specimins with K. Kales markings). These are the small ring thread types coming in at 11.5 tpi. The heat treat on these receivers and all Turk made bolts is questionable at best (most do not register on the Rc scale). The Turks did use a lot of salvaged parts in later builds and rebuilds. CZ bolt bodies will have the circled Z on the underside of the handle root and GEW German WW1 bolts will have the imperial eagle on the underside of the bolt handle. Bolt bodies without these markings and with letters A or B are Turk made bolt bodies. Turk made parts present no problems when used in low to moderate pressure ammo.