close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any One Else?????

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by MangesMade, Mar 31, 2002.

1. MangesMade

MangesMade G&G Newbie

I've waisted another night trying to post a picture. Never is consistent. Does Anyone else have trouble posting a picture on this Forum????? If not, then what's the secret?
    Thanks,

2. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

I post a lot of Pic with no problems... First of all it has to be a JPG or GIF..I use JPG.. then its just a matter of clicking brouse and rembering were the pic is on YOUR hard drive and what it is called...a few time the BMP and JPG pic had the same name....

3. Tober

Tober Firearm Aficionado Forum Contributor

Testing what doglips said!

4. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

i use finger paints myself!! great therapy, and look good on the "frige;) ;) ;)

5. MangesMade

MangesMade G&G Newbie

I do just as you say, but at 100% it want post, then you have to bring it down smaller until it will finially post...Last night I couldn't get anything more than 10% size to post and then, when it did post it came up to small...Today I posted the same pictures at 75%...they posted OK. Never consistent. Why do you have to shrink an average size picture 3"x 4"????? I guess I'll soon get the hang of it. Thanks for the replies.

6. Tober

You must keep it under a meg, as I tried to upload it over that and it gets messed up

7. MangesMade

MangesMade G&G Newbie

Whats 1 MG ? in terms of Inches, size, English, southern Slang?
    Thanks

8. Tober

1 meg=1024 kilobytes, about the size of fitting a floppy disk on.

so if you can't fit the image on the floppy disk you can not upload it

9. azeeb

azeeb G&G Newbie

MB is megabytes, it is the size of the file, not the dimensions of the picture.

10. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Check this out...

11. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

That image is 224 kilobytes. How's that for an avatar image? You guys think I should adopt that as my avatar?

Jesse

Last edited: Mar 31, 2002
  12. Jesse,
    Is that a self-portrait?:D

13. MangesMade

MangesMade G&G Newbie

WHEW!!!!! then why am I having trouble posting a full size picture, that looks "purdy big" to me, xsqueeze me, that's Southern Slang for 224 Kilobytes. How big was the original picture?