Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First off incase noone knows already, I am female. I have a S&W 640 for a carry gun and a Beretta Neos for blinking but I want a smaller gun for warmer months and I have heard several people recommend the Kel-tec 32 or 380. I am leaning toward the .32

It seems reasonably priced and it's small enough to hide. But the best advice on something is to ask people that have used, owned, loved or hated something.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My adult son and I both have P3AT's. Very easy to conceal with a pocket holster in either front or back pocket, depending on holster style.
These are everyday carry pistols for us. No problems. Easy to conceal. Very dependable. I don't think either has ever had a misfeed with factory round nose, reloaded round nose or hollow points. We both highly recommend the P3AT for everyday carry when you can't conceal a bigger weapon.
Crono'd Speer Gold-Dots ( our favorate carry ammo) right at 900 FPS. Accuracy is quite good for such a small gun. Recoil is sharp with such a small/light pistol. Easy to control but does have a little sting to it.

I carry in my rear hip pocket with a Desantis "Trickster" pocket holster. It looks just like a wallet in my back pocket. Have carried for a year and nobody has noticed. My son likes the Desantis "Nemisis" front pocket holster. Again, no "gun" outline. He works in a "no guns" office but has carried every day for 2 years as he works night shift and must walk to his car alone, at night, in the inner city. Nobody has a clue he is carrying.

We do follow State law as to restricted carry areas, just carry when it would be legal except for employers no weapon request. In this state they could ask you to leave or fire you but it is not a crime.

Highly recommend Kel-Tec. Son just bought one of the 5.56 fold-up carbines. Low cost and light. Feels cheap but loads of fun. Again, no function problems.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
i like mine and its also in 32acp i carry it to the mall wallmart every were just about . mines black and green !

·
Registered
1 Posts
I owned 2 kel-tec 32"s .one shot fairly good for its intended purpose and the other shot 8" low and would not feed well at all.I have heard good things about them.I have seen them work very well but i was not happy with mine.
I sold them both and got myself 2 feg pa 63 9x18pistols, i take it everywhere I go and I am impressed with the accuracy and the way they function.I have yet to have a function problem with the wolf 95 mil ammo even after 7 boxes.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Three of my good friends, my father and I all carry .380 Kel-tec's (P3AT). It is hot most of the year here in AL, so these are easy to conceal in blue jeans or wherever. As far as I know, none of us have ever had a problem with them. I had one stovepipe somewhere in the first 50 rounds or so, but no problems sense. I would recommend running a box or two of ammo through it to loosen it up and get used to it. It is a great little pistol - but it does have a bite to it in .380acp. It is not something I would shoot for fun. I shoot mine about every 6 months just to make sure it shoots and kinda stay in touch with the heavy trigger. It is accurate (for me) to about 10 yards or so. But, that is all it is intended be - Close range get someone off you! Great little guns.

·
Wonderment :)
33,583 Posts
not knowing

Ma'am, they got a little "bite" to them. Your 640 with hot loads are about the same; with exception. Grip is narrow and straight.
Do you have a place that rents? That might get you closer than 'me' thinking.
.32 will do the job if you do yours. Practice and practice responsible.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I can only vouch for the P-11 9mm. This is a good little gun. The only issues that I've noticed are the long, heavy trigger, and a good bit of muzzle flip, but these are to be expected in a short-barreled double-action.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had the 9mm kel tec, loved the gun it was comfortable, perfect weight, just a great size, but the first time I had it at the range I emptied the first clip 3 rounds into the 2nd clip the gun jammed and the trigger spring broke. Maybe it was a bad gun, but I haven't bought one since.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I ended up buying the P3AT, haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, no shooting ranges open on Sundays and it's too cold outside. So needless to say I am dying to get out and shoot. It sure is little LOL but that is the idea I guess cause I want something easily concealed for the warmer months. I think if that can't be concealed then there's not much that can be.

Thanks for everyone's response!

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
I like KelTecs P 32's and I'm waiting on my son to give back the one he gave me a few months ago.
I bought a back pocket holster for it and when he saw it he asked if he could use it as one of his back ups.
No problem.
My friend who has the Pawn and Gun Shop is selling the Kel Tec 380's for $250 bucks.
I'm thinking serously about getting one of these...A.H Is that a decent price to pay???

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Kel-Tec are good. Also look into the Bersa 380 Thunder cc. I have one and I really like it. Not as much kick as the kel tec and is really easy to conceal. Also has a decocker which I really like.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
A.H. I gave $255 for mine so I would say that is a fair price.

I saw those wallet holsters and they are really neat for a guy.

sbordogna, I looked at the Bersa also but it is a little bigger than the kel-tec and the point was to go as little as I can with something that will do the job if I need it. Actually I ask the owner of the shop what he recommended between the two and he said that he never thought much about the Kel-tec until one of the local police stations ordered 20 Kel-tec .380's as backup guns for the men. LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts