close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any Progress On G&G Restoration?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Ten Man, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Is there any "good news" on the RESTORE?

Steve36 likes this.
  2. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I'm waiting to hear back from the server admin I've been working with. No word yet.

4. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Thanks for the update, Chris.

5. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

My deepest thanks Chris, for all you do. I know this must be a HUGE PITA to deal with and I truly appreciate this and all you do.

SUBMOA, Kmcdowell and Big Dog like this.
  6. Is it just me or does anybody else see some of our missing threads popping back up?

Big Dog likes this.
  7. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Yep, some are slowly bubbling back up. Hope it continues.

ncnascarlady likes this.
  8. Oh good...I'm not hallucinating :)

9. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Are you talking about threads from 2016, and late 2015?

Do you have any examples, because I have not seen them.

10. Motivational posters is back. That's the one I saw that registered as back. Not sure about any others.

Steve36 likes this.
  11. shootin

shootin G&G Addict

Maine
    Just want to thank you Chris, this is my favorite web site for gun related help. Actually it is the only one I visit. I was very upset when I went to log on and the site was gone, was sure that it was the internet was handed over to the UN. Now today I learned a number of sites have been attacked. Once again, thanks! Still think Obama is at fault.

Cyrano likes this.
  12. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

I am on a number of sites, some gun related, some not. Haven't found any others down yet, but my online use is limited just now. Still need to get my landline repaired. That is on hold pending other yard work. Dang, I hate storms.

13. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

The Motivational Posters thread was started 19 JUN 2014. It was part of the RESTORE that pulled up everything on or before 4 JAN 2015.

I still have not seen anything with a time stamp of tread origination after 4 JAN 2015, other than new threads posted within the last week.

I think it's safe to say that everything we posted for the last 21 months, is gone, never to return.

That's a shame, because a LOT of good stuff was posted the last two years.

I have been slowly reposting some of the stuff I had saved from the last year's worth of humor and political posts. Other than that, it's all gone, unless Chris can pull a rabbit out of his hat.

14 SEP 2016 G&G Forum Stats.JPG

ncnascarlady likes this.
  14. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I'll never consider it restored unless I see my 30,00 plus post count restored. I was number one, now I feel like number two!;)

15. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Hey guys, I'm going to let you know, at the moment there is hope. I'm hesitant to discuss too many details, due to possible legal things.

ChaZam, Jay, Brandhard and 5 others like this.
  16. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Hey Chris, any way to get my forum contributor back? Them ads popping up are annoying me.

Big Dog likes this.
  17. SgtD

SgtD G&G Enthusiast

All my best posts are gone. So is my profile picture. Oh well. So much for the internet is forever and all that jazz.

ChaZam, neophyte and Cyrano like this.
  18. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

I know what you mean. I lost upwards of 7,000 posts too.