Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
never knew any one that had one, but its been around awhile and probably a great pump.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Our family has had a couple. Great pump, loads smoth and fast, never had 1 jam. Worst thing I ever had was cutting my finger on the mag. plug(only allowed 3 shots here, what abt. there).
As I mentioned earlier, My bro. isn't getting a license, or registering any gun's. My mom will probably give me dad's guns, so they don't get seized or destroyed when the gustopo, I mean fire-arms inspectors come a callin'.
I'm wondering if some-one was making cheap knockoffs, 'cuz it says every gun they built had the ducks engraved. One gun we had didn't, yet was marked as an Ithaca. Even if it was a knock off, she was a good gun. They all are!

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Reciently There have been Chinese copys of The Ithica pump
They haven't sold well, since there are so many Real Ithica products around second hand.
Personally, I prefer a Mossy or Remington Product due to the faster
single reload capability through the ejection report.
The Chinese Repop Ithaca's are clearly marked as Norinco
I have never heard of a "counterfiet" Ithaca.
The Mod 37 has been made for a long long time.
I am sure there are some variations in the decorations on the reciever.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I don't recollect the reciever having any decorations at all. Guns were always well looked after, and clean so I don't know how I missed it. Anyone else try and have trouble to get the catalogue or newsletter? Probably can't send it to Canada.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got my Mod 37 Featherlite 42 years ago..I liked the bottom eject because I'm a lefty. It is engraved with the 3 ducks rising on the left side and 2 pheasants and a pointer on the right. A real great gun with a modified barrel.

Just my 02¢
Tim

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,700 Posts
The December issue of American Hunter (NRA) has a good article on the Ithica Model 37

LD,
checked out the site, like the DeerslayerII STORM, Always been a big fan of the slayer, would like one in 16 ga.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have an Ithaca SKB side by side and love it. A friend that I serve with in the Navy swore by his model 37. I shot it a few times and it was a fine shooter. The bottom ejection was a plus especially when we were collecting the hulls for reloading. It wasn't a lot different from the Remingtons or Winchesters. I actually looked at a couple of used ones yesterday.
Indy

·
Registered
307 Posts
Mine sounds like Tim W's, and mine is a 16. I love my mod. 37 featherlight, and that is a good name...It never gets heavy, no matter how long you carry it. I have thought about buying another one.

I think the SEALs carried them in Nam....And on mine, if you pull the trigger and work the pump, it will fire it as many time as you pump.....:) Not very accurate, but good to know its there...I have always joked to a friend of mine with a 11-87 about who would be faster to empty the tube.......

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
SKB BEAUTIFUL SHOTGUN..O/U

Shotguns are one of my main hobbies, being a past Trap, Skeet and Sportting Clays shooter. I had a beautiful SKB Ithaca model 500 and the sister model the 600 silver inlay, both were O/U with ejectors and selector switch on the trigger, so while your shooting sporting clays, instead of stoping and screwing in and changing chokes for high flyers and incoming, you can just push in the buttom and change barrels, was good enough to win me a high lady and $1,200. These tow guns were my pride and joy and two of the best shooting guns I ever had. GOOD SHOOTING..;) MissSharpShooter....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
missharpshooter said:
Shotguns are one of my main hobbies, being a past Trap, Skeet and Sportting Clays shooter. I had a beautiful SKB Ithaca model 500 and the sister model the 600 silver inlay, both were O/U with ejectors and selector switch on the trigger, so while your shooting sporting clays, instead of stoping and screwing in and changing chokes for high flyers and incoming, you can just push in the buttom and change barrels, was good enough to win me a high lady and $1,200. These tow guns were my pride and joy and two of the best shooting guns I ever had. GOOD SHOOTING..;) MissSharpShooter....
sounds like some nice shooting irons there MSS :right:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I too have a Ithaca/SKB 500 in 20ga. And I am currently repairing a stock on a Ithaca/SKB 100, which is a SxS.

IMHO, anything stamped Ithaca is a good gun.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,700 Posts
Logansdad said:
why wouldn't Taras be alive ?
He had health problems. His appartment was robbed by thugs. He was forced to move away from where medical care was in easy access.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts