Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I really like them, but I don't own one. A couple of my buddies do - they love them as well.

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
Please check Cimarron.com

Please check Cimmaron.com and go to their specialy pistols until you find the Evil Roy pistol.
This is an excellent pistol for which a great deal of engineering and customization has occurred making it, in my humble opinion, a better revolver for sports such as cowboy shooting. Not that Rugers are sub-standard in any way, just that this is a very affordable customized pistol that I feel will give you a competitive advantage.

·
Wonderment :)
33,585 Posts
Single Six

andrew cochran: Sir; the venerable Single Six come in a couple different versions. .22-.22&22mag. -.32
Having one is like keeping a good friend. :)Tough, capable of many years of good shooting.
Yes I have 1 and intend to add to with 4 1/5 -6.5 9.5 with a Single Six .17hmr to spend time with the bigger brothers at the house or in the field. :)

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
They're great little guns. I've lusted after a Bearcat or Single six for years since I sold mine back in the early eighties.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Better to get rubber handle or rosewood?

Would it be better to get a rubber grip handle or rosewood? Seioursly considering getting the .22LR/.22mag 9 1/2 length barrel, rosewood handle!:burnout:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I would never put a rubber grip on a single action revolver. Single action revolvers are meant to roll in your hand when fired. Rubber (unless hard rubber, which is OK) is not for SA revolvers, IMO. I save the "stickly" rubber grips for double action revolvers.

I'd stay with the wood handle. Looks good, too.

·
Registered
91 Posts
ironic that one would ask this question. I've been looking for a single six for a christmas present for my brother. I dont own one but Ive shot one.. and wow. it had the rose wood grips it feels like it and your hand were just made for eachother.

So if you have the bucks Id say get one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i have a .22LR-.22mag single six. what a great little gun. i have a 1911 and another on the way. and i always find myself takeing the single six with me when i go to shoot the 1911. i would like to get a 32 to go with the 22. for the price and reliability of these guns i would be foolish not to have at least 3 before im done.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts