close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anybody receive their 03A3 from CMP yet?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Chitimooska, May 24, 2002.

1. Chitimooska

Chitimooska G&G Newbie

I'd like to hear from anyone that has received their 03A3 from CMP. I called yesterday, and they said I'm probably still another 3 to 6 weeks away from receiving mine. If anyone has received their 03A3, are you happy with it, what kind of condition is it in? I've heard on a few posts that the 03A3's may be in better shape than the 03's, is this really the case?

2. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

Got my RIA serial 98,906 and it was rough with a AV 1918 WWI field replacement barrel. Fuzzy but tight as a drum with a T.E. of under a 2 and a super tight muzzle. The stock is thin and markings are barely visible but all in all it is O.K. I needed to do allot of clean up to see what was underneath. The M44's were froma trip to the CMP store and looks as they did when I bought them. Rick B

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2002

3. TKH

TKH G&G Newbie

Not me. Ordered a Remington O3A3 with the C stock on April 11. Was told two weeks out, and also told 90 days. Well see...

4. dhaze

dhaze G&G Newbie

Talked with a very nice lady at the C.M.P. this morning,she
    informed me that my paperwork wasn't even processesd
    yet,not even in the computer system!!!! (wo'es me)
    I sent my paperwork in on march 26th and was in the
    1903 lottery. She also informed me the selection I made
    (remington 1903a3 w/ c stock) was sold out and I would be
    contacted in the future to select another rifle.This is the first
    time I have contacted the C.M.P. since I sent my order in.
    Thinking of maybe cancelling my order or switching to
    a garand, open for opinouns!!!!!!!!!!!!!: :confused:

Last edited: May 30, 2002
  5. Swede

Swede G&G Newbie

They cashed my check on May 22nd, does that mean they have shipped my late Springfield with a C-stock? If so I hope its a decent one...........Swede.

6. dhaze

dhaze G&G Newbie

Swede
    Good luck on that late model springfield, hope you get
    a nice one!!!! Still in a dilemma as to what I should do
    with my order,cancel or go for a 1903a3 remington
    with a standard or s stock.

7. Mike Thompson

Mike Thompson G&G Newbie

I got my 03A3 C stock Friday. It is in very good condition, Remington with serial number 4111xxx. The barrel is dated 10/43 with RA and the bomb. My local gunsmith said the barrel looked unshot or shot very little. The stock shows some wear but in good condition, and is marked RA also has an S stamped under the pistol grip. I ordered this gun the second week after I got my letter. I'm sorry to see that they sold out so quickly. I also feel very lucky to have gotten a good one or one at all, as I have read, lots of people are not happy. I have always had good luck with the CMP. I now own 5 M1s and this 03A3. All of which have been very good guns. I would try for a 03A3 Smith with the C Stock, what the heck you may get one. Good luck

8. Charlie

Charlie G&G Newbie

Indy
    Got my 1903a3 two weeks ago today from CMP. Remington with a 11/43 RA barrel and s stock. Weapon looks new, bolt, barrel, receiver show no wear all parts are Remington. Stock shows normal bents and dings but has cartouchs. Very satisfied they still owe me a 1903 with c stock, they put it on the charge the same time as the a3. Hope I get lucky twice.

9. TKH

TKH G&G Newbie

Still not me. Just hit the 90 day mark, called and was told mine was just going to background check, expect another 3 weeks!

10. It seems like the "90 days" is stretching to 120 days.

11. Charlie

Charlie G&G Newbie

Indy
    Got lucky twice Mr Fed X and CMP have been good to me! 1903 RIA, good RIA 3/18 barrel, C stock matching parts, high number 36X,XXX. Only thing is the rifle is a dark blue or black? Action looks new. Will have to look at it in the daylight.

12. Charlie

Charlie G&G Newbie

Indy
    Order sent 3/22, 1903a3 came 6/28. The 1903 came 7/16. Good Luck guys.

13. Charlie,
    Looks like your barrel for the RIA was made in the period while RIA was shut down changing to DHT. Your receiver was probably a late-1918.

14. Charlie

Charlie G&G Newbie

Indy
    Rick, you may be right, when I got the grease off the date was 8/18 RIA with bomb. Very pleased with this rifle. The front handguard has wood inlays like you would see on the Lee Enfield handguards. They alternate left right 5 tolal. I have not seen them on 1903's them only thing on the stock is RA-P, P and S on the grip area and a number 2 on the stock just above the sling. Can't get over how dark this blue? is if thats what it is.

15. The barrel date, as you corrected is, is probably original. There have been a lot of these "inlays" reported with CMP rifles. The RA-P indicates the rifle was rebuilt/inspected at Raritan Arsenal.