Gun and Game Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Collector of Military guns and Model 70 Winchesters
189 Posts
I just saw this thread as well. I carry a full size 1911 in a Bianchi "Scorpion" Rig designed for Detectives that has the 1911 hanging horizontally and 2 spare mags on the right , secured to the belt. I have had this for many years and it breaks free fast with a straight pull out.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Never tried a shoulder holster, but saw a double in use that turned me away from them. Went into a new gun store which had an indoor range in the process of being built, to get info on it. The owner was carrying 2 1911s in a dual shoulder rig. The way they swayed back & forth every time he moved, discouraged me from even trying one. I don't like a belt holster that moves, sways as I walk either. I've experienced that in my early days of carrying, when I used a belt not meant for carry. Not knowing much about shoulder rigs, maybe they make them that are better suited than what he had.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I too have one of those black leather GI shoulder holster and found it the most comfortable to wear with strap around chest attached to holster and loop for the belt. In N. Carolina we have the open carry. After 5 lower back surgeries in lower back its really uncomfortable to wear a hip holster. Thought of wearing Mokarov for its weight but wife wont let me claims its hers. I shy away from open carry my 1911 in shoulder holster for people going gun gun gun. Deputy here says its common here for open carry citizens not to have panic attacks. We're rural country here. I also have a web horizontal shoulder holster thats quite comfortable too but it swings a lot on my chest area.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts