close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anybody Wanna See A Picture?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Mr (T), Jul 27, 2002.

1. Mr (T)

Mr (T) G&G Newbie

My apologies for the Martha Stewart comforter...

This is a No.4 Mk1(T), without scope or scope brackets...I'm trying to get by with a Leapers Scope 1.5-6 x 40, ATI Scope mount, Dvorak rubber sunshade,Tasco rings, and a Bubbafied CAR-15 Cheeckpiece from Cherokee Products.

All comments are welcome, good or bad. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. Rock

Rock G&G Newbie

Looks good but how does it shoot?

3. Mr (T)

Mr (T) G&G Newbie

It shoots OK for a surplus rifle, but may not pass muster when compared to a modern sniper like a Sako TRG-22/42 or M40A1.

But, that being said, it's the only rifle I've possessed that can maintain a 400-yard cold shot with very little shot deviation.

I've been able to keep 50 rounds concentrated on the chest portion of a steel half-silhouette man at 500 yards, with no cleaning of the bore during the string...that took about 1 hour to empty the ammo box! I used 1970's production South African MkVII ball, 174 grain purchased from Cheaperthandirt.com.

I let this older gentleman try it out at the range, and he had never had a 400 yard hit before, even when he had a stint in the Irish Defense Forces...the look of pride in his eyes was priceless when he handed the rifle back to me. That was cool.

4. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
  5. FutureMarine

FutureMarine G&G Newbie

Nice peice..Just loose the scope and go iron sights(i cant tell you how many people leave the range cussing and fists cluched because their scope was not on). It is still a beautiful weapon:)

6. AzzKicker

AzzKicker G&G Newbie

Beautiful weapon, I have a No4mk1(T) but unfortunatly it was sporterized before I found it :(

Now its nothing but a good long range big game hunting rifle

7. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Nice...I now have a '44 No4MkI...75% original finish...someone had the receiver drilled and tapped for a scope and took the mount!

If I can ever find the mount that should go there I might put a scope on it.

Stock would be nice if someone hadn't carved "KK" in the buttstock...but I will leave her as is, make a good range gun...I'll find something prettier fo later.

8. I went to a el'cheapo scope set up with a B-Square mount and a Leaper 3x9 mil-dot . No probs with the scoped setup but I still prefer the original Mk1 or Mk4 sights. I picked up another buttstock and added the cheekpiece to it .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2005
  9. c_corrick

c_corrick G&G Newbie

hey MR. T you want to sell it?

10. Nope , not for sale at this time .
    Thx anyway .

11. FutureMarine

FutureMarine G&G Newbie

12. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    some guys don't have the eyes they used to but still want to enjoy the satisfaction of pinging the 10 ring, or the vital zone on the game they are hunting.

13. Troy

Troy G&G Newbie

excellent pics of your enfields fellas, i got a real soft spot for those long guns.