close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

anyone have a Barnes Load manual ?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Shaun, Mar 16, 2002.

1. Shaun

Shaun Retired Moderator

Okay Guys I have tons of Data on loads for the 375 H&H but I am looking to see the numbers barnes lists for the 270 XLC bullet of thiers

show min. to Max please

2. Robert

Robert Member

They have a download available at their site, but you get two free questions, after that, it's about 50 bucks.

3. Shaun

Shaun Retired Moderator

Well I broke down and called and talked to one of their tech's and I learned the following 71.5 grains of 4895 is a recommended load (Also the hottest) 2788fps that works out a a hard hitting 4800 foot pounds at the muzzle -- can you say ouch

4. dave375hh

dave375hh G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Ohio
    Shaun,
    The Barnes manual lists four rec. loads that one is the slowest. The other three are
    74.0grs IMR 4064 at 2796fps
    74.0grs RL 15 at 2804fps
    84.5grs H-414 at 2858fps
    I don't know how they get that load of 4064 in the case and still seat that long a bullet on it. They used Win. cases and I use Rem. and 71.0grs of 4064 is a heavily compressed load in my brass. I think the H-414 would come closest to fitting into the case because it's a dense ball powder.
    I loaded some 250gr XFB in my buddy's .375WBY and he broke both shoulders of a brown bear and exited. As a rule I drop back one weight level with the X's because of their construction and extra length. Luck.

Dave375

5. Shaun

Shaun Retired Moderator

Thanks Dave those were some of the others I was given but I prefer the 4895 since I keep about 8 to 16 pounds on hand at any one time for the .308, 7.62x54 and the 8mm. I'll have to see how it does next week the steel is due on wed. I just finished getting the rifle blued so I want to get some testing completed. Plus I have a pig hunt I am planning to use the toy on next month. I'll post pictures in the gun room of before and after on the rifle its a modified P14