Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine shoots great and I love using it. I've used .32L, .32 H&R Mag (Federal) and Fiuchi wadcutters. The wadcutters are the most fun. The mag rounds spit a lot of debris back at me.

Anyway, I'd like to take the grips all anc clean it well, but can't figure out how they are screwed on. Thanks for the help.

Dave :feedback:

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
1) With the pistol laying on its left side, remove the screw furthermost to the rear (the one at the top of the right grip that is NOT going through that little metal strap)
2) While holding the grips together (thereby keeping the sideplate on the frame), turn the pistol on to its right side and then carefully lift the sideplate straight off (Some pistols may need a little coercing with this; just proceed slowly and carefully).
3) Now look at the inside of the sideplate and you will see two screwheads; remove these to get the left grip panels off. Under the mainspring resides the screw for the right panel; remove the spring and you can get to it.

Rich

·
Premium Member
30,670 Posts
no wonder they dont get cleaned often eh?

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,353 Posts
Come to think of it, I've never seen a Nagant missing it's grips . . . :)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks...I think! I may decide not to clean it up. My luck usually runs to a stripped screw, but this one is in pretty nice condition so I may give it a try. It sure it fun to shoot!

Dave :werd:

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
Please Use a Hollow Ground Bit that fits the screw so you don't twist the slot. Hold Pressure Down on the driver While turning the screw and you should be fine.
They are not Torqued very tightly, just snug.
Rich

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,353 Posts
Z - I have had mine off a couple times too.
Tried a simple spring mod once, supposed to ease the trigger pull a bit - it didn't.
I wouldn't mind making a bigger set of 'target-style' grips one day - my mitts are a bit large for the factory grip. :)

·
Premium Member
30,670 Posts
not much in there huh?
i dont know what i expected.
thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts