Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

What kind of shotgun is that? Of course, I'm assuming 12 gauge, but is there a certain model name that you know of?

Thanks for helping this newbie. :09:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Don't assume that this gun is used by SWAT. Anyone can stick a cheap shotgun on a vest with the letters SWAT on it. Where did you find the pic?

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
Welcome aboard! That's a Bennelli M3, and they are indeed used by some SWAT teams.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My guess was gonna ge a Stoeger. A wild guess but I was close. Stoeger and Bennelli are owned by the same company. How do they compare functionally. What about Franchi's.

This was my guess...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Welcome aboard! That's a Bennelli M3, and they are indeed used by some SWAT teams.
I don't think it's the M3, but it's hard to tell, since the sling is hiding where the conversion mechanism between semi-auto and pump is at the front of the forearm. It could also be a Benelli M1 or M2.

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
Yeah, you might be right, JAC. If the sling wasn't on it, it'd be easy to tell.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, thanks for all the replies. :D

The only guns I have right now is a .380 hand-gun, a Mossenburg 12guage (3 1/2"), but I've always liked shotguns. :)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
That looks close to a Remington 1100, but semi auto, but the stock is a Bennelli.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Pecka, to answer your question, I think they are mechanically similar. I know that Stoger just came out with a new shot gun that uses Benelli's Inerita system. I have always thought the benelli's had a nicer stock fit, but for the money, they should.

·
Registered
2 Posts
shotgunner

That is indeed a Benelli M3. Some teams also use pump action Benelli's as well. Some SWAT agencies use the Mossberg Tactical pump too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
its definately a m3. a dynamite shotgun. but i have not even looked at mine since i brought home a m4 with an adjustablke stock. no sorry , thats a m2. its not pumpable which te m3 is. yep , thats a m2. now what do i win?

thats a fixed forearm. non pumpable , semi auto. m2ish

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
I thought it was a Stoger my Mossberg 930 looks similer to the Stoger with that button on the side.
What kind is it ? Never mind I'll check all the post.

Edit : I zoomed the picture up to 400 and Mooseman got it right.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have noooooooo idea!!! but I want one!!! ...........and the vest.
:)Regards

·
Registered
53 Posts
Like Mike1014 said: no sorry , thats a m2. its not pumpable which te m3 is.

The M3 is a convertable pump for bean bag loads in law enforcement.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts