close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone know why rubber Makarovs were made?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Cranky-Kraut, Jun 29, 2002.

1. Hi guys!

This may be a stupid question but I have been offered, for a VERY reasonable price, an old yet "like new" East German made RUBBER Makarov with holster.
    Why would the Soviet Block have made life sized and correctly weighted rubber maks?

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Probably for training? There are many types of arms made in rubber here for safe training applications such as carry and proper positions and dis-arming without worrying about accidental discharge.

3. Wayne

Wayne G&G Newbie

Yep At the last Gunshow I attended they had a few "red" guns as they called them. Anything from Glocks to Berettas He also explained they were for training purposes

4. Hmmm, I was firearms trained in East Germany, although not with the Makarov, but never saw any rubber mock-ups. Training does however seem to be the most logical reason for rubber-Maks.
    I guess for $10 + maybe another $10 for postage from a former VoPo buddy in Germany I cant go wrong though can I?
    Thanks for the replies!
    Erich

5. So you can pistol whip the bad guy without hurting him.
    And no lawsuits.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2002
  6. NRAJOE

Shouldn't leave as many marks either! :p

7. NRAJOE

Done! :guitar:

8. I love that guitar dude. He's funny.

9. NRAJOE

Yes he is...lenny said in a post somewhere last night that MY posts have no content and that it's astounding! I guess the guitar dude is one of them!:guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

10. Now- - that's enough members for a real band!!!

11. Cranky-Kraut enters the room and begins pistol-whipping all the guitar playing Mariachi dot-guys.

Thank God I had my rubber Mak!

12. NRAJOE

Leave my mega- band alone dude ! LOL

13. Thanks guys for all the comments!
    My buddy in East Germany is mailing me the Rubber Makarov in a few days. Its not "red" as some of you have mentioned that rubber guns are. This Mak is solid black, made of hard rubber, weighs the same as a real Mak and comes with a leather holster.
    Does anyone else have one of these? Anyone know if they are rare? Valuable? Collectible?

14. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    You are th only one.

15. GARY D

GARY D G&G Newbie

Could be a prop gun used by filmmakers. Rubber guns are very common for use in movies and TV.. anywhere. Whenver you see someone drop a gun in a movie...you know "alright drop the gun" or the bad guy drops it off the roof... you can bet it's a rubber gun. Real guns are just too expensive to throw around. Rubber guns are made to look exactly like the real ones only they are made of a hard rubber that lasts forever. :)

Collectible??? I'll bet if it's from the East German TV or movie industry it IS collectible and worth something.

16. Man are you sure--they don't mind crashing expensive cars in the movies. Or are they made of rubber?

17. GARY D

GARY D G&G Newbie

I'M POSITVE. Movie guns are all owned by private companies and rented to the studios... could be because of gun laws. If they threw real guns around the armorers would have to maintain a big stock of guns and that gets real expensive and some of the guns are rare such as the 3 triggered Stevens shotgun used in the moive Tombstone. If they wanted to use a gun in a shootout scene that had been been dropped or thrown etc. there is always a chance that the gun will not function properly and the actor could get hurt or worse. If a car is crashed it's done by a stunt man and the car is owned by the studio and in the budget. Guns are used by actors with very little training so it's best to give them a fake to play with. Although this gun is East German, they make moives and TV shows there too and I'm sure they don't have the kind of money we have here so it would make more sense to use a rubber gun over there.

Anyway that is what is the usual use for a true RUBBER GUN. You can buy a rubber gun from many sources that sell stage props.

18. Cranky-Kraut,

I hate to tell you this...well....I guess it might as well be me though.

Rubber bullets are hard to come by and when you do find them make sure that you get the non-corrosive ones.

I hear Trojan makes a good one.

19. GARY D

GARY D G&G Newbie

ROFLMAO :) :p :D