Gun and Game Forum banner
421 - 440 of 460 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Me again. Maybe too much coffee this evening, but I re-read mmmurphy's post and was struck by the staggering amounts supposedly spent by the "snobs" to get their sorry, overpriced status pistols working. Uh, right. I've got a Glock & a Springfield XD that together cost less than the snobs spent on their trigger mods. I've never had a fail with either pistol, after many thousands of rounds fired. [ less in the XD -.45acp is pricey]...maybe I got a couple of the rare examples that worked right out of the box. Seriously, I'd better switch to water. Trolls rarely elicit more than a chuckle from me.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I was at a Gun Show this past weekend and a Dealer had a Special Sale on Jimenez Arms 9mm Handguns...Stainless or Blued, double stack 11 rounds, a bit larger than a Makarov for $169.00 ! US Made in Nevada and really looked nice except for a Plastic trigger I didn't like...He was sold out but had one for looking at on display that was Sold too so No joy :17: ...Anyone have one or tried one yet ???
Rich
I assist in teaching Carry classes in OK. We do not allow these POS guns at our range quals. Unreliable, FTF, Stovepipes, cracked slides, and other safety issues

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
I assist in teaching Carry classes in OK. We do not allow these POS guns at our range quals. Unreliable, FTF, Stovepipes, cracked slides, and other safety issues
So what is allowed at your Class???

·
Curmudgeon In Training
4,595 Posts
My DIL is looking to replace her EDC. She has a Jimenez .380. She said it jams constantly on every ammo she has tried, and weighs almost twice what competitive models do.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I took my first chl with a hi-point 9mm, much to the dislike of the instructor. It really hair-lipped him when I got a perfect shooting score without any malfunctions. He told us not to take head shots, but I couldn't help myself and double tapped in the face of the target. He called out the 3 perfect scores and I just smiled.

Hi-points aren't too bad once the feed lips on the magazine are adjusted correctly. The only problem I've had was the magazine catch broke and they sent out the new parts overnight. So I can't complain at all about the gun and I keep it in the door panel of my truck without giving it a second thought about whether it's going to function or not.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
My DIL is looking to replace her EDC. She has a Jimenez .380. She said it jams constantly on every ammo she has tried, and weighs almost twice what competitive models do.
has shee tweaked the magazine?

·
Premium Member
4,907 Posts
Me again. Maybe too much coffee this evening, but I re-read mmmurphy's post and was struck by the staggering amounts supposedly spent by the "snobs" to get their sorry, overpriced status pistols working. Uh, right. I've got a Glock & a Springfield XD that together cost less than the snobs spent on their trigger mods. I've never had a fail with either pistol, after many thousands of rounds fired. [ less in the XD -.45acp is pricey]...maybe I got a couple of the rare examples that worked right out of the box. Seriously, I'd better switch to water. Trolls rarely elicit more than a chuckle from me.
I don't know anyone who charges 700 dollars for a "trigger mod", or even know of an aftermarket trigger that would cost that much. I suspect mmmurphy was simply another drive-by that lurked here in between reruns of "Coast to Coast AM" on late night radio and felt he needed to put us in our place.

·
Premium Member
1,697 Posts
We are sorry, but you are attempting to modify a thread that is seven years old with a computer.
Threads of this age must be modified only by typewriter.
Please double space your submissions, with 1 inch margins.
Mail them to Santa Claus until December 15; after that, send them directly to President Obama. He doesn't have anything else to do.

·
Premium Member
4,907 Posts
We are sorry, but you are attempting to modify a thread that is seven years old with a computer.
Threads of this age must be modified only by typewriter.
Please double space your submissions, with 1 inch margins.
Mail them to Santa Claus until December 15; after that, send them directly to President Obama. He doesn't have anything else to do.
Hahahaha you should repost this so I can "like" it again!

Reactions: Cyrano

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Not that it matters, but it was an Jimenez vs Hi-Point thread that got me to sign up for G&G. I have owned both, and still do. I admit that I just love under dogs. The Jimenez .22 is amazing, but needs to be kept SPOTLESS to function properly. The 9mm is heavy, bulky, with a grip that cuts into the sides of your hand and hurts to hold for long time periods, and it worked 95% of the time. Taking it apart and polishing up its innards and feed ramp helps tremendously. The Hi-Point is certainly better made and doesn't require much of the TLC that the Jimenez does, but most people will probably think the Jimenez looks cooler. The only bonus that the Jimenez has is its +4 round capacity. No matter what the box or dealer says, the mags hold twelve, and that's what the company will tell you if you call and ask. That's about it though. I liked them both for a while, until I spent about $320 for my NIB Ruger P95.

Reactions: MoDoc

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a pistol instructor. I hear this all the time:

"I'm only going to use it for self defense, so I only need a cheap gun."

"It's for my wife (daughter), so I only........."

How much is your life worth? Your wife's? Your daughter's? Save your money and buy a good used higher quality firearm. If you don't feel comfortable buying used, take a knowledgeable friend along. I stress "knowledgeable."

Here are the guns I will not permit in my training classes:

Jennings
Bryco
Raven
Rohm
RG
Hi Point
Almost any revolver made in Germany or Spain (yeah, I know there are a few good ones, but I don't have time to figure out which is which).

Seen too many of these guns that are just unsafe to shoot. Guess I'll have to add Jimenez to the list.
So what gives you the right to decide which "brand" of firearm is allowed in your class? Just because somebody may not have the cash to purchase a gun that you "approve" of does not make it right to discriminate against the firearm that they are able to afford.
You have the right to stick your nose up and refuse to purchase a "budget" firearm if you so choose with your money, but to refuse to allow a person to use the firearm they will be reaching for in a life and death situation just speaks volumes about the kind of person you truly are.

FOR SHAME! FOR SHAME!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
hi piont, ja9

i got a hi piont and a ja9 and i would take those to over most other ones i have not had a problem with either one and the 2 i have are very accrute
"Most other ones"??? REALLY? H&K, Sig, Ruger, Walther, Springfield........even Taurus, just to name a few. If you are depending on a $100 firearm to save your life, you deserve what happens to you.

421 - 440 of 460 Posts